Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our new dog

Our current foster dog is named “Whisky.”

I am already attached to him in a way I was not attached to Bitsy, the puppy. Much of that is because he slipped into our household very easily and is super easy.He also is a big sweet boy, and as I look back on my history of foster dogs, I do fall for the sweet boys. On the other hand, I like big outsize personalities and a girl dog we had for a year was that and I still miss her to this day.

Each of these dogs is so different.

Whiskey is pretty and I am a superficial person In that I want my bulldogs to look like bulldogs, but that doesn’t always mean a show quality dog. Whiskey is a pet quality dog, but he has some nice characteristics of a bulldog. Plus he acts like a bulldog although he does not have a big outsized personality.

Anyway, his presence is emotionally soothing to me because he fills a void Teddy Bear Left when he left died in January.

So happy for you and Whisky! It's so true, how dog personalities really shape the relationships with the owners. My Nessie was so headstrong and stubborn and smart, which is exactly what I loved about her. At the same time I loved the gentleness of my lab.

My kids were the ones that gave Nessie to us as a Christmas gift a year after Laddie died, but they were the ones who didn't like her BECAUSE of her personality. Plus, she wasn't all that pretty. She was scruffy even after coming directly from the groomer. She always reminded me of when Bart Simpson got dressed up for church--he still was Bart Simpson, and Nessie was still my little ragamuffin. Definitely not show quality. If she had been a person she'd be someone like Rosanne Barr.

So glad you are finding some solace in Whiskey (the dog). Post pics.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm a sucker for a love story...

Sounds like a great dog!

I wonder why and how we choose our favourite among pets ? Personality, appearance, vitality, or what?
    My absolute favourite was a black lab/airedale that was the size of a Sheltand pony and exuberant with life. He would circle within my vision during walks in our woodlot and come back and touch my knee with his nose before heading out on his next circle. I had him for 13 amazing years.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I wonder why and how we choose our favourite among pets ? Personality, appearance, vitality, or what?
    My absolute favourite was a black lab/airedale that was the size of a Sheltand pony and exuberant with life. He would circle within my vision during walks in our woodlot and come back and touch my knee with his nose before heading out on his next circle. I had him for 13 amazing years.
    awww, nice boy!

Geila
    I tell you IL - you need 2 dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    I tell you IL - you need 2 dogs!
    Whiskey is in our house because 1) we are a convenient, and empty foster, home and 2) It is unclear how well he gets along with other dogs. He lost his previous home because he was beating up on their French bulldog. However he did like their female pugs, so it’s hard to know how he’s gonna react to another dog. Here he is:

19A9F46F-E8FD-4578-BA21-221931AA16D1.jpg

Geila
    He's a muscular cutie! Just like Channing Tatum.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Whiskey is in our house because 1) we are a convenient, and empty foster, home and 2) It is unclear how well he gets along with other dogs. He lost his previous home because he was beating up on their French bulldog. However he did like their female pugs, so it’s hard to know how he’s gonna react to another dog. Here he is:

19A9F46F-E8FD-4578-BA21-221931AA16D1.jpg
    So ugly, he is cute!

Thread Information