Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow, the Dow

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Oh, I am so sorry you have to go through that. One time I moved from one brokerage to another, and they took 7 weeks! I was going crazy. It was all the money I had in the world, and I was so scared it was "lost in space."

Sounds like you are doing all the right things.
    More hoops from the financial world: Transamerica also “no longer Does wire transfer” so They will be sending me a check in the mail as well once I complete and return theIr forms. It’s not a big amount of money as the first check though.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    More hoops from the financial world: Transamerica also “no longer Does wire transfer” so They will be sending me a check in the mail as well once I complete and return theIr forms. It’s not a big amount of money as the first check though.
    when I finally decided to convert my 401k over to my own IRA I was sent a check from the 401k. After a few weeks I started to wonder where the check was and they said it had been sent. I found it under a flowerpot by my garage floor. This was for mid six figures.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    when I finally decided to convert my 401k over to my own IRA I was sent a check from the 401k. After a few weeks I started to wonder where the check was and they said it had been sent. I found it under a flowerpot by my garage floor. This was for mid six figures.
    Aaaaaah!!!!!!!

Oh this is getting better and better...
    Now that I have the Transamerica rollover forms in front of me, they are asking for a letter from Vanguard, an “acceptance” letter.

Let’s just add another two weeks to this process.

edited for another update, this one for the afternoon: the “transfer team” at Vanguard is too backed up to help me today.I can call tomorrow morning and get better results, says the investment guru.

I am another step forward in my Vanguard account. 85% of the money has been deposited in Vanguard. I’m still working with Transamerica to get the other batch of money from them to deposit in Vanguard. 100% of this Vanguard money is going to go into cash or CD.
    edited to make sense
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-9-20 at 9:45am.

I am another step forward in my Vanguard account. 85% of the money has been deposited in Vanguard. I’m still working with Transamerica to get the other batch of money from them to deposit in Vanguard. 100% of his Vanguard money is going to go into cash or CD.
    Great progress. Do you mean of "this" Vanguard money, not his?

Why are you going 100% cash at Vanguard? I am confused now.

Great progress. Do you mean of "this" Vanguard money, not his?

Why are you going 100% cash at Vanguard? I am confused now.
    yes! So sorry,
    i meant “ this.”

The Vanguard account is “my” money only. I need to have it 100% in cash equivilent so it balances out the rest of our assets, keeping them out of risk investments.

Oh. Is this a short term plan or a long term plan? Just trying to understand.

Oh. Is this a short term plan or a long term plan? Just trying to understand.
    My Vanguard account is in cash equivalent for short term until I see what is on the other side of Coronovirus. This account is roughly 20% of our joint investible assets.

My Vanguard account is in cash equivalent for short term until I see what is on the other side of Coronovirus. This account is roughly 20% of our joint investible assets.
    Ah, I see. Many folks going to cash until end of year, from what I have seen and heard. I thought you meant you were going to permanently be in cash in Vanguard to balance out what dh is doing in rest of assets. This seemed to shortchange what Vanguard could do for you.

Thread Information