Thread: Wow, the Dow

Wow, the Dow

Kind of an update to IL's Boy, that Dow thread, I guess.
    Up 816 this morning, no doubt due to Fed announcing it's buying corporate bonds?
    How long will this disconnect go on?
    What do you predict for the rest of this year?

I hate this volatility.

I was successful at plugging my ears and singing lalalala from mid March until just last week about the Dow number. Finally, a few days ago when I heard it was soaring up, I asked DH was the number was and — egad!

iNsanity.

i want out.

Remember that lady who had the article about I'm getting out of the market, and then she did, and I posted about the article, and she came on and talked about it? I wonder what she is doing now.

And yeah, SUCH volatility, head spinning.

And now, an hour and half later, it's only up 269.

Wow.

It has Nothing to do with the real economy at this point, it's all about how much money the government will hand out to Wall Street.

Of course if the government is handing out money via the stock market, it strikes me as an argument to not sell all your stocks.

May as well get what money there is to get, as ridiculous as this policy is. It's always struck me as an argument for stocks - that the government seems to be backstopping them. I'm quite aware the government does not care about any small investors, but when in Rome ...
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Thread Information