Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Wow, the Dow

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Still amazed at this market. I still need to sell around 5% or so to get to my target. If more people watched CNN they would know the world is coming to a end.

housing prices here are rising, boats are selling fast and high, airplane prices are up. You can’t even find a gun or ammo to buy, but that may not be due to the economy. Everyone i know who owns a business is having a good year. And forget about hiring anyone to work on your house unless you can wait a few months.

Im still waiting to see how things pan out after the election. I don’t need to add wealth at this stage, I just want to preserve it.
    We can only hope trump's is.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    We can only hope trump's is.
    What do you think your life will be like if he's not?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Mission accomplished. FINALLY I have all of the money intendEd to be in the Vanguard account. This multi-week process eliminated 1 account out of our many accounts. In Vanguard it sits in some sort of money market cash-equivilent u til we get on the other side of Covid, but I suspect it will stay there forever.

Now I will stop using this thread as my personal diary of accountability on this transaction. I’m sure I will have other questions about Vanguard, but I’ll start a separate thread for them.
    At this rate you should have all your money duly sorted by about the time you die...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What do you think your life will be like if he's not?

More of the same damn drama, lies, crookedness and laws eliminated to protect the environment and workers rights. Nothing good.

Today's news shows what a liar he is. I honestly don't see how anyone can vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Today's news shows what a liar he is.
    That would be lier.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    That would be lier.
    tomato... tomatttooo

It will take years to repair the damage he's done in four years to the environment, government bureaus like the FBI, CDC, and USPS, international trust and respect, worker's rights and social justice, voter's rights, the judiciary, etc. He's a scourge, but I suppose if you're a corporate grifter or a billionaire, he's your scourge and you're OK with it.

Received an email today from a guy I know in Germany. His remark is that Europeans fear trump more than the coronavirus.

The coronavirus is much more manageable than a sociopath. Except in a country run by a sociopath, apparently.

Thread Information