Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The coming Trump rally covid spike

Trump and his toadies' refusal to model social distancing and mask wearing--basically just denying there's any need for caution--is influencing a gullible public. That may be why our incidence graphs have plateaued at such a high level. We're number one!

From frugal-one's link:

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, addressed some of the reopening concerns on Wednesday, urging states to recognize that "when you open, that doesn't mean that everything is okay."

"You still have to practice a degree of caution and carefully go through the process of trying to normalize. That means you still should be wearing a mask. You still should be trying as best as possible to have that physical distancing," Fauci told Robin Roberts on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday. "We know everyone wants to approach normality and get things back to normal including the economy, but that doesn't mean that all bets are off. And that's the reason why we say be careful and do it prudently."
    Fauci has referred to COVID19 as his "worst nightmare."

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Trump and his toadies' refusal to model social distancing and mask wearing--basically just denying there's any need for caution--is influencing a gullible public. That may be why our incidence graphs have plateaued at such a high level. We're number one!

Fauci has referred to COVID19 as his "worst nightmare."
    Yes. And Dr Fauci was on the forefront of the AIDS epidemic. Trust me, those of us in healthcare would rather see our patients with MRSA or C-diff....which used to be the sucky contagions!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Yes. And Dr Fauci was on the forefront of the AIDS epidemic. Trust me, those of us in healthcare would rather see our patients with MRSA or C-diff....which used to be the sucky contagions!
    Along with Luc Montagnier and Robert Gallo, IIRC. Those were the days.

But as Fauci has pointed out, Ebola and HIV/AIDS aren't nearly as easy to get as COVID19.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Along with Luc Montagnier and Robert Gallo, IIRC. Those were the days.

But as Fauci has pointed out, Ebola and HIV/AIDS aren't nearly as easy to get as COVID19.
    Yes. That's why we don't list those. The contagions of recent are the ones I mentioned.

I have to admit, even I didn't expect we'd start getting the covid spike news before the rally even began.

https://www.axios.com/trump-coronavi...7e0afa86e.html

ETA, apparently the people in the photo haven't gotten to the free mask station yet...

It seems inevitable that some time people are going to want to challenge their freedom to mass assemble whether it's football games, or school events, or whatever. Probably later would be less risky, but hopefully some one is planning to collect some information that could help assess the risks for the future beyond just anecdotal stories. After all, they have the names of the people who are registered and could do some sort of follow up to determine problems. Seems like an opportunity with 20,000 test volunteers.

yes theoretically stuff could be learned from contract tracing, but we don't really do that in the U.S.. So basically everything we learned from contract tracing is from South Korea or maybe China it seems, because hey South Korea does contract tracing.

You would think well if we're going to run a giant human experiment, and let infections run rampant, well I can't say I approve, probably a crime, but if we're going ahead with it anyway, then let's at least learn some scientific stuff from it. But no. Even if we did contract tracing more, you think Trump would allow this to be traced, no way. He doesn't even like that testing is going on because "it makes us look bad". That's what we're dealing with.
    Trees don't grow on money

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to recalculate my numbers. The arena was half full and the overflow area empty. And the one protestor that showed up was arrested well before the start and taken away. They probably should have left her so that she could have provided some excitement for the evening.

On the plus side the crowd was suitably impressed that he could drink from a glass of water with only one hand.

So I see that 1) Herman Cain likely caught covid at the Tulsa event and is now in the hospital seriously sick after keeping up a full travel schedule and not isolating at all. And 2) trump is having another death rally, this time at Mt Rushmore. The governor has proudly proclaimed that they won’t be social distancing and masks will be optional.

I wonder if he’ll do a better job of attracting stupid people to attend tonight than he did in Oklahoma.

The Lakota smile.

Thread Information