Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The coming Trump rally covid spike

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I wouldn't wish this thing on anyone.
    No rational person does.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    If it were church goers, golfers, or any group of people.... I would feel the same. As jp1 stated so succinctly, they are senselessly putting themselves and others who they come into contact with at risk.
    What about all the folks who've been out protesting the last couple of weeks? Or do they get a pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    What about all the folks who've been out protesting the last couple of weeks? Or do they get a pass?
    We'll see if the virus gives them a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I cannot imagine they will be spared.

The protesting crowds may be at least partially protected by their mask wearing and operating out in the fresh air (except for tear gas and pepper balls, etc.) So far, testing seems to indicate a relatively low infection rate. It's not like they were all standing in a confined space, maskless.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    We'll see if the virus gives them a pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I cannot imagine they will be spared.
    But we probably will not see internet discussion threads focused on the likelihood of them getting sick and thread participants breathlessly, anxiously hoping so. They do get that pass.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    But we probably will not see internet discussion threads focused on the likelihood of them getting sick and thread participants breathlessly, anxiously hoping so. They do get that pass.
    That’s actually the pass I meant.

I guess if pointing out the level of failed leadership it takes for the president to host a stupidly dangerous (and pointless since OK is not a swing state) rally that is completely contrary to the recommendations by health experts for safe behavior in the middle of a pandemic is breathlessly anticipating the unfortunate deaths that will occur than sure, call me breathless. But no, the only people who will actually be breathless are the people who will die after attending this rally and probably more than a few people unfortunate enough to come into contact with them after it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I guess if pointing out the level of failed leadership it takes for the president to host a stupidly dangerous (and pointless since OK is not a swing state) rally that is completely contrary to the recommendations by health experts for safe behavior in the middle of a pandemic is breathlessly anticipating the unfortunate deaths that will occur than sure, call me breathless. But no, the only people who will actually be breathless are the people who will die after attending this rally and probably more than a few people unfortunate enough to come into contact with them after it.
    I'm fairly breathless gasping at the stupidity and supreme reckless arrogance of scheduling such a "rally." He's flouting every recommendation by not only communicable disease experts, but Tulsa's own leaders--just to feed his own insatiable ego.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The protesting crowds may be at least partially protected by their mask wearing and operating out in the fresh air (except for tear gas and pepper balls, etc.) So far, testing seems to indicate a relatively low infection rate. It's not like they were all standing in a confined space, maskless.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/states...ry?id=71181103

Thread Information