Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa, Tulsa, Tulsa.....

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I have to say, half the time I don't know what you are talking about.
    LDAHL is one of those rare writers who require his readers to have a passing knowledge of literature, history, culture and current events. Some people get him, others don't.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    LDAHL is one of those rare writers who require his readers to have a passing knowledge of literature, history, culture and current events.
    Quite delightful even!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, from the initial video shots of people inside the venue, we sure don't have to worry about many of them getting CO2 poisoning...
    I read he only filled about a third of the seats he planned on. Biden’s optimal strategy at this point may be to simply stay in his basement saying as little as possible.

LDAHL is one of those rare writers who require his readers to have a passing knowledge of literature, history, culture and current events. Some people get him, others don't.
    I think the current scene has an over-the-top “Bonfire of the Vanities” scent to it.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think the current scene has an over-the-top “Bonfire of the Vanities” scent to it.
    I actually was thinking more Radical Chic and Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers, but I get your drift.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I actually was thinking more Radical Chic and Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers, but I get your drift.
    Today you could retitle it “Performative Allyship and Occupied Protest”.

As much as I loved Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers, I'm disheartened to think we've made so little progress over time.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    From what I'm hearing from the activist network, Tulsa PD has some 'splaining to do and upcoming lawsuits to face. Peaceful protestors were teargassed, pepper balled, and arrested. I see numerous life- changing amounts of lawsuit settlements - all unnecessary had the Tulsa PD not insisted on going full-on sociopathic law-breaking thugs above the law mode.

To not cash in equals consent. Remember this in any future interactions with US law enforcement. Rob

Our very own William F Buckley Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    From what I'm hearing from the activist network, Tulsa PD has some 'splaining to do and upcoming lawsuits to face. Peaceful protestors were teargassed, pepper balled, and arrested. I see numerous life- changing amounts of lawsuit settlements - all unnecessary had the Tulsa PD not insisted on going full-on sociopathic law-breaking thugs above the law mode.

To not cash in equals consent. Remember this in any future interactions with US law enforcement. Rob
    gosh, I will! I will remember!

What do I do if the police issued me a ticket for not wearing a mask out in public? How would I cash in on that? Or should I go along to get along?

Thread Information