Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: One Would Think We Lived In A First World Country!

Things are changing all over. The Simple Living Forum is definitely not as nice or as fun as it used to be. But, like everything everywhere, things always continue to change and, there is hope.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think you're throwing blame where it doesn't belong. I'm assuming your activism is focused on making things better for minorities, although you haven't said, and if that's the case you should lay the blame squarely on the one institution which has worked for centuries to keep minorities "in their place", that being the Democratic Party.

If you're not addressing the root cause of virtually all prejudice and simply engaging in street theater ending in disruption and property damage you're not really engaging in activisim, that's something else entirely.
    You got that backwards. Republicans are for big business. Hey, trump just posted a video of a guy saying "white power." Democrats are for the average, little guy.

https://www.enkivillage.org/differen...publicans.html

Mexico is the last place I would go. Talk about unsafe. If the cartels don’t kill you the corrupt cops will.

The Simple Living Forum is definitely not as nice or as fun as it used to be.
    Agreed. A number of the nicer folks have been run off or left on their own. I notice a number of newbies don't tend to hang around for long. Makes me sad. I miss a number of old posters like Stella and Mrs M, but yes things always change and perhaps we will get some new folks who will stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You got that backwards. Republicans are for big business. Hey, trump just posted a video of a guy saying "white power." Democrats are for the average, little guy.
    It seems odd to me that the more liberal among us, mainly Democrats, are in the midst of an all out effort to erase history, change names and impose sanctions on those deemed heretical while simultaneously ignoring the largest and most influential organization ever to impose its destructive will on minorities, the Democratic Party.

I guess it shows the value of re-branding such as convincing it's members that their Planned Parenthood eugenics efforts are actually helpful to women and that the unborn are just tissue, that trapping minorities into a lifetime of poverty on the government dole is helping them since they're incapable of helping themselves, that all police are murderers and all Republicans are racist and that the violent destruction of cities and neighborhoods is a natural reaction to something other than the subjugation those liberal policies have created.

I think that if Rob is serious about his "activism" he should direct it to the source of the problem, but I'll not hold my breath.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Things are changing all over. The Simple Living Forum is definitely not as nice or as fun as it used to be. But, like everything everywhere, things always continue to change and, there is hope.
    We’ve got members who are on the left fervently hoping those on the right get the stupid plague. Cheering for it.

And if you think hoping changes things you might be in the wishful thinking community. And if you think wearing or not wearing a mask changes things you may be in the reality based community.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    We’ve got members who are on the left fervently hoping those on the right get the stupid plague. Cheering for it.
    And vice versa, I would hazard a guess.

But the plague doesn't care one side from the other; it simply infects. And hate doesn't care either; it simply blinds and deafens.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

No one here who is on the right has come out and actually posted that, not that I’ve seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Having seen the current plague first hand, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Thread Information