Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: One Would Think We Lived In A First World Country!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Is Planned Parenthood involved in a program of eugenics today? What are they up to?
    As I mentioned earlier I believe they've re-branded themselves in hopes of eliminating the stain of their earliest goals of preventing the poor and "unfit" from procreating, but the result remains the same.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

[QUOTE=bae;356586]Is Planned Parenthood involved in a program of eugenics today? What are they up to?[/

https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2008/08/abortion-and-women-color-bigger-picture

This is an interesting article that touches on black eugenics.

I could never have a abortion but I cannot tell others what to do. Not everyone has a awesome family to help with a unwanted pregnancy.

Personally, I think boys/men should be taught and held responsible for their own sperm. After all, if they don't put it into a woman who didn't want to be pregnant in the first place, there would be no unwanted pregnancies. Unprotected sex? Men have a responsibility to just say "no" and/or do their part to prevent a pregnancy when one is not wanted, be that by the use of male birth control or abstinence.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I, personally, don't see the hypocrisy.
    The hypocrisy is that the protests and cancel culture focus will pass over those institutions and leave them unscathed. That also shows that the protests and "activism" we're seeing is simply street theater that should not be condoned by rational people.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    The hypocrisy is that the protests and cancel culture focus will pass over those institutions and leave them unscathed. That also shows that the protests and "activism" we're seeing is simply street theater that should not be condoned by rational people.
    And I disagree. I think the institutions will not be totally passed over and left unscathed. The removal of some statues - regardless of how - has already shown that. Simply with the removal of the symbols, the institutions are not being "passed over" nor have they remain unscathed. It may be a slow process, but it has started. And, while you may view it as street theater, there are plenty of rational people who do not view it as such.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I don’t think this period will be remembered as a period of profound change. It will be remembered as a silly period at the start of a long secular decline. Seattle’s “Escape from New York” experiment in civic irresponsibility will provide images for the textbooks; as will the various soi-disant revolutionaries vandalizing anything in a frock coat.

A marriage of the politics of disdain with cancel culture into Soviet-style denunciations seems to be destroying innocent lives at whim, which is a little darker than the normal scandal-mongering. And of course Trump.

But at most, institutions will be fine-tuned in their public relations efforts.

I hope this is a period of profound change for our country. I really hope that racism and income inequality gets addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I hope this is a period of profound change for our country. I really hope that racism and income inequality gets addressed.
    I agree. It's in the hands of younger generations.

Yeah, Margaret Sanger believed in Eugenics. And the Republican party used to be progressive. Things change.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I agree. It's in the hands of younger generations.

Yeah, Margaret Sanger believed in Eugenics. And the Republican party used to be progressive. Things change.
    It really looks as if Arizona of all places is flipping blue. What a wonderful time to live in the 85006 and be alive! Rob

Thread Information