Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: One Would Think We Lived In A First World Country!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    No one here who is on the right has come out and actually posted that, not that I’ve seen.
    Not posting it doesn't necessarily mean that the "fervently hoping" isn't there - lol.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Having seen the current plague first hand, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.
    +1
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

First of all PP provides birth control to women that need it and may not be able to afford it. The rich have always had abortions. It’s only the middle class and poor that have been denied. My mom always said if men got pregnant abortions would be a god given right. Alan, you want to decide for women what rights they should have. Women get raped and do end up pregnant. Women suffer a lifetime for a man’s crime. I don’t think we should be erasing history and it would certainly be better to work together on issues around the statutes. Perhaps a museum for them. My mom remembered a time when there were no safety nets and said it wasn’t pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    First of all PP provides birth control to women that need it and may not be able to afford it. The rich have always had abortions. It’s only the middle class and poor that have been denied. My mom always said if men got pregnant abortions would be a god given right. Alan, you want to decide for women what rights they should have. Women get raped and do end up pregnant. Women suffer a lifetime for a man’s crime. I don’t think we should be erasing history and it would certainly be better to work together on issues around the statutes. Perhaps a museum for them. My mom remembered a time when there were no safety nets and said it wasn’t pretty.
    Agree.

How about women wouldn't be faced with unplanned pregnancies if men kept it in their pants! Men seem to forget that it takes TWO to create, but the woman is the one that must deal with a pregnancy - wanted or not. Until it is YOU (a male) up on that examination table with YOUR legs spread in the stirrups, faced with all the uncertainty, why don't you let the woman who ends up there do what SHE thinks is best for herself!

Edited to add: And wasn't there a male birth control pill developed? I thought there had been many years ago, but men just didn't want to "deal" with remembering to take it, or with side-effects, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Alan, you want to decide for women what rights they should have.
    Not really, that's well above my pay grade. I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of groups whose goal seems to be cancelling any and all suspected of historical insensitivity while ignoring their favorites, Planned Parenthood being one of them.
    Margaret Sanger was a racist who believed in advancing the custom of eugenics and the offspring of her efforts, PP, continues much of her work today under the guise of women's health.

If anyone else has written the following, they would not be canonized the way Margaret Sanger has been.

In the early history of the race….The weak died early or were killed. Today, however, civilization has brought sympathy, pity, tenderness and other lofty and worthy sentiments, which interfere with the law of natural selection. We are now in a state where our charities, our compensation acts, our pensions, hospitals and even our drainage and sanitary equipment all tend to keep alive the sickly and weak, who are allowed to propagate and in turn produce a race of degenerates (Margaret Sanger. “Birth Control and Women’s Health.” Birth Control Review, Volume I, Number 12 [December 1917], page 7.)
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Until it is YOU (a male) up on that examination table with YOUR legs spread in the stirrups, faced with all the uncertainty, why don't you let the woman who ends up there do what SHE thinks is best for herself!
    She always should, but we shouldn't forget there's another life involved. It seems we have.

Edited to add: And wasn't there a male birth control pill developed? I thought there had been many years ago, but men just didn't want to "deal" with remembering to take it, or with side-effects, etc.
    I have no knowledge of that, although I did have a vasectomy about 35 years ago. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only man who's done so.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I was simply pointing out the hypocrisy of groups whose goal seems to be cancelling any and all suspected of historical insensitivity while ignoring their favorites, Planned Parenthood being one of them.
    I, personally, don't see the hypocrisy. The "history" can go into museums - halls of history. Planned Parenthood of TODAY is not the historical beast you seem to be making it out to be. Have you ever gone to PP? Have you ever looked into and/or used the services they offer? I have. (And, not that it is any of your business - it had nothing to do with abortion whatsoever!)
    Last edited by happystuff; 6-29-20 at 9:24pm.

She always should, but we shouldn't forget there's another life involved. It seems we have.

I have no knowledge of that, although I did have a vasectomy about 35 years ago. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only man who's done so.
    Yes, some folks have forgotten, but thank goodness DNA tests are now more reliable and available making it easier to make the folks who want to forget actually remember their responsibilities.

As for the vasectomy, it stands right beside the many women who have had their tubes tied.

It seems odd to me that the more liberal among us, mainly Democrats, are in the midst of an all out effort to erase history, change names and impose sanctions on those deemed heretical while simultaneously ignoring the largest and most influential organization ever to impose its destructive will on minorities, the Democratic Party.

I guess it shows the value of re-branding such as convincing it's members that their Planned Parenthood eugenics efforts are actually helpful to women and that the unborn are just tissue, that trapping minorities into a lifetime of poverty on the government dole is helping them since they're incapable of helping themselves, that all police are murderers and all Republicans are racist and that the violent destruction of cities and neighborhoods is a natural reaction to something other than the subjugation those liberal policies have created.

I think that if Rob is serious about his "activism" he should direct it to the source of the problem, but I'll not hold my breath.
    Alan.. previous post.... "one institution which has worked for centuries to keep minorities "in their place" ==== trump and immigrants at the border is a good example today of an institution keeping minorities "in their place." How many are still in cells?

PP has it's place. I, personally, could never have had an abortion BUT I do not think I have a right to tell another woman what to do with her life or her body. Republicans don't want abortions but do not want to help women who keep their children... you call it being on the government dole. This is, in effect, keeping them in poverty. As far as the destruction going on now in cities... I don't think any one political party is to blame. Damage has been done by both parties. I also think the destruction is way overboard and not necessarily about the cause. And, I believe, as you do, that we need police. As with any occupation, there are bad actors and racists. The assumption that all police are bad is not realistic IMO.

Margaret Sanger was a racist who believed in advancing the custom of eugenics and the offspring of her efforts, PP, continues much of her work today under the guise of women's health.
    Is Planned Parenthood involved in a program of eugenics today? What are they up to?

Thread Information