Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: One Would Think We Lived In A First World Country!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    At least in Colorado. This past Friday Colorado's Governor signed a bill STRIPPING POLICE OF QUALIFIED IMMUNITY.

I pointed you above at Washington State's legislation concerning "qualified immunity", and asked you what part of that text, the actual law, you are concerned with....

No answer?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I pointed you above at Washington State's legislation concerning "qualified immunity", and asked you what part of that text, the actual law, you are concerned with....

No answer?
    Crickets.

No answer?
    Crickets.
    Most of the "activism" we see here and elsewhere is based upon emotion rather than facts. In this case I believe the only thing Rob saw was the opportunity for someone to cash in on the perceived actions of someone else, he can't be expected to re-evaluate his dreams based upon reality.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Most of the "activism" we see here and elsewhere is based upon emotion rather than facts.
    I think that’s true. Look at how our little Cultural Revolution has jumped the shark in the statue-smashing arena. I see the nitwit nihilists of Madison, WI have busted up a statue of Hans Christian Heg, an abolitionist who raised a regiment for the Union and died leading it. One of their spokesninnies said this was done for strategic reasons, explaining that, “Sometimes you have to talk to people in language only they can understand”.

Elsewhere, imbecilic iconoclasts have attacked images of Lincoln, Grant, Gandhi, John Greenleaf Whittier, and Teddy Roosevelt (although in fairness, they may have confused their Roosevelts). It’s hard to see how many of these attacks contribute to the cause of racial justice rather than a childish urge to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I think that’s true. Look at how our little Cultural Revolution has jumped the shark in the statue-smashing arena. I see the nitwit nihilists of Madison, WI have busted up a statue of Hans Christian Heg, an abolitionist who raised a regiment for the Union and died leading it. One of their spokesninnies said this was done for strategic reasons, explaining that, “Sometimes you have to talk to people in language only they can understand”.

Elsewhere, imbecilic iconoclasts have attacked images of Lincoln, Grant, Gandhi, John Greenleaf Whittier, and Teddy Roosevelt (although in fairness, they may have confused their Roosevelts). It’s hard to see how many of these attacks contribute to the cause of racial justice rather than a childish urge to destroy.
    Getting totally out of hand....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm back after getting off.my butt and engaging in activism once again. Gotta say something - the climate out there is different now and more people are rightly blaming America as they should have all along.

I truly am starting to believe Civil War in the US is coming. I'd pack two bags if you haven't already and stock.up on canned goods. Just in case. In my case I'm fortunate as Mexico seems possible depending on how Covid-19 plays out. I truly don't see a lot of hope going forward without a dramatic reset. But I will continue to stand uo against America and what it has become regardless. Rob

I'm back after getting off.my butt and engaging in activism once again. Gotta say something - the climate out there is different now and more people are rightly blaming America as they should have all along.

I truly am starting to believe Civil War in the US is coming. I'd pack two bags if you haven't already and stock.up on canned goods. Just in case. In my case I'm fortunate as Mexico seems possible depending on how Covid-19 plays out. I truly don't see a lot of hope going forward without a dramatic reset. But I will continue to stand uo against America and what it has become regardless. Rob
    so, when the Civil War comes, I have so many questions about your role in it.

But first of all, so will that event cause you to abandon your mother? Because you said she is the reason why you’ve not moved out of the country already.

But I don’t understand if there is a Civil War (and I’m vague about what all that means and don’t really want to explore it) why wouldn’t you stick around to be an activist for your side, whatever that might be?

I think, or at least hope, that you are being misled by an unfavorable signal to noise ratio. I don’t think, or at least I hope not, that the great majority of Americans are ready to go to war based on the frenzied shrieking of a relative few but extremely loud zealots.

I think there is more courage and good sense out there than you are willing to credit us with.

I think you're throwing blame where it doesn't belong. I'm assuming your activism is focused on making things better for minorities, although you haven't said, and if that's the case you should lay the blame squarely on the one institution which has worked for centuries to keep minorities "in their place", that being the Democratic Party.

If you're not addressing the root cause of virtually all prejudice and simply engaging in street theater ending in disruption and property damage you're not really engaging in activisim, that's something else entirely.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I truly am starting to believe Civil War in the US is coming. I'd pack two bags if you haven't already and stock.up on canned goods. Just in case.
    I'm confused about this advice.

Pack two bags for presumable "bugging out"?

Or piles of canned goods, for "bugging in"?

Is there some sort of handy guide for this Civil War thing?

What sort of Civil War are you imagining? Old School 1860s' US Civil War, Blue vs. Grey, battle lines and artillery? Bosnian 1990s civil war, with neighbor killing neighbor, snipers at the supermarket, and all that fun? Rwanda 1990s, Hutu vs. Tutsi, Bernie Bros killing off Biden supporters who themselves are hunting down the Warrenite defectors?

Thread Information