Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Covid Winners

I've noticed a lot of ads for online exercise programs for adults who can't go to the pool or gym.

Meal delivery services? Maybe. I know some who use them because they're sick of cooking every single night.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

My auto insurance came due this month and was about a hundred dollars less than usual. There was a letter explaining that with Covid people were driving less and fewer accidents, thus the reduction. I'm skeptical that's the full story since my auto insurance has hardly ever gone down and I can't imagine insurance companies being that altruistic, but I'll take it.

I've noticed a marked increase in people engaged in outdoor activities, which is good, but makes things a little more crowded for me. A local fly fishing guide was interviewed on public radio and said her (yes, good to see women involved in this) business has increased three fold. Fishing has been featured in a few news programs as a popular social distancing sport. My local bike store has said that simple repairs that would normally have a 1 or 2 two day turnaround could now take up to 10 days due to increased demand.

There have also been a lot more dog walkers out and about in my neighborhood. I suspect in the dog world, more tails are wagging.

I’d expect book/eBook sales are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’d expect book/eBook sales are up.
    If only...

I'm fearing for the fate of books in general. I agree with increase in video game sales, Netflix sales, but I think there are readers and there are non-readers in the world today, and a pandemic is not going to turn a non-reader into a reader.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Maybe not, but a lot of people who haven’t been able to get to the library may be buying books now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Maybe not, but a lot of people who haven’t been able to get to the library may be buying books now.
    That's true.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    health insurance companies
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmc.../#2f9136c0451f

People fearful of food shortages buying freezers. Seed suppliers and supplies, more home gardens

puzzle led and game makers

I’ve been buying lots more ebooks since I’m home with Covid. There’s not much I can do except read ...

We bought Mom a Kindle since the library closed and she still had a need for a lot of reading material.

The senior friend I’ve been grocery shopping for has an iPad. Her kids will get her Apple gift cards to get eBooks, but she’s still run out of stuff to read. I passed two thick novels along to her over the weekend.

Thread Information