Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who I am in clothing

I adore this tunic:
    Contessa.jpg

Chartreuse is one of my favorite colors; I always pick it up when I see it at the thrifts.

In my real life, I wear lots of solid colors; I only own a few prints. I make up for it when I quilt, and in the wardrobe in my head.

I was Little Ms Talbot's for so many years. I was recently looking at one of their catalogs and saying "no more Charming Cardis for me again, ever!" Now I might occasionally pick up a t-shirt or something from them. I got some cute casual stuff for good prices at their outlet store in Niagara last September.
    I am now all about the LL Bean Vista Camp Pants, and now they have a somewhat more polished version with slimmer legs and without the cargo pockets - perfect for wakes and weddings! I am hoping that these and jeans will carry me through much of the rest of my life. On top I wear mostly hoodies and t-shirts, some cuter and more fashionable than others. (Yes, I have what I consider to be my "dress hoodies.")
    pants.jpg
    As far as the wardrobe for my fantasy life, I like the long "hippie" dresses from places like Mexicali Blues or Soft Surroundings. I actually have this dress from SS in more of a turquoise color:
    dress.jpg
    I tend not to wear this stuff out in public very often; it's more for a hot summer evening in the gazebo with a glass of wine or two. In fact, I've noticed that many of the pictures in the SS catalogs feature women with glasses of wine in their hands. I am definitely in their target demographic! Unfortunately, a lot of their stuff runs kind of big for me. Although maybe that is just as well; I seem to be doing a better job of buying my clothes for my real life instead of my fantasy life and I think that's a good thing.

What a fun thread! I have no pictures to post but my fantasy wardrobe is to have the body I used to have and dress like Ali McGraw in Goodbye, columbus, with sleeveless shirt and bermuda shorts and sneakers.

Rosa, I actually stopped in Mexicali Blues in October and bought a table cloth. I was so excited to finally get there.

In my fantasy world, I'd be a copy of Jean Seberg in Breathless.

https://www.google.com/search?q=jean...w=1024&bih=538

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I adore this tunic:
    Contessa.jpg

Chartreuse is one of my favorite colors; I always pick it up when I see it at the thrifts.

In my real life, I wear lots of solid colors; I only own a few prints. I make up for it when I quilt, and in the wardrobe in my head.
    yes that tunic is da bomb!

I think that is the Auntie Mame effect, to begin to wear colorful tunics. I am going in the other direction in my fantasy dress.

Easy care athleisure sounds about right for me with colours red, blue, white and pink/rose preferred.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Gray has become my favorite color for clothing.

In real life I wear dark jeans or slacks and t-shirts or turtlenecks (usually) or shirts (when I run out of everything else) in black, dark blue, gray or white colour.

In my fantasy life I would wear long skirts or dresses but every time I buy one reality is quick to remind me that those are just absolutely not practical for my everyday life.

I have also learned that all of the colours, prints and patterns I like on other women's clothes should remain on someone else's clothes. It's ok to admire that from a distance and accept that it's not for me at all. Somehow every time I put on something colourful I don't feel comfortable with the image I see in the mirror no matter how many compliments I get from other people.

Not the Auntie Mame effect here--I've always admired Boho wear. It's more like the ego/alter ego effect. My outer self doesn't quite match my inner self. Also, it isn't really riotous colors, it's more the length and layering.
    Buykud blue print dress.jpg
    Buykud shirt and jeans.jpg
    Tina Givens patterns 1.jpg

Thread Information