Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who I am in clothing

Who I am in clothing

I thought this might be fun to show who we are as represented by clothes.

This is me...how I dress, I mean. Black pants. colored t-shirt. Tennis shoes. That’s my uniform. Or summer is khaki short, t shirt.

0030E2A1-1652-4B21-8D5D-1B59151CB003.jpg3B681850-D111-46D0-81C0-EA0B21F43CD4.jpg70F525B5-8779-4312-B08C-4AB2F7CB1CC6.jpg

But this is who I am in my imagination. These are the clothes
    I wish I could/would wear.

A3FBFC33-1BBB-473D-93A3-1BBF55FD45D2.jpgA94ACCDD-2A0F-4E12-9009-F084DF975DF9.jpg

My clothes make me a New England preppie wannabe. I've followed Muffy Aldrich's blog (now called Saltwater New England) for many years and my motto is "If Muffy would/wouldn't wear it, so/neither should I". My clothes give the appearance that I have money; in fact, 90% of my clothes are from thrift stores. But better brands, such as LL Bean, Ralph Lauren, Lands End, etc.

My look is pretty boring but neat, doesn't stand out, a bit androgynous, hopefully giving off the old money horsey set. In my wannabe way.

I'm having most of my hair buzzed off tomorrow, so that will throw off my entire look.

More clothes I wish I could/would wear:

Attachment 3300Attachment 3301

Athleisure for me. Unless I'm working then it's Athleisure with their branded polo shirt. I own a lot of Eddie Bauer. Although I don't own any anymore, I used to love beautiful dress shoes. I probably will never be in another dress until I'm being rolled into the retort. 9a8f3c859faf6214a2a0ffe7b5a1a39f.jpg

I like scrubs. That’s what I wear at work in spite of being a boss. I like cotton. I like pajamas. I like quality tennis shoes. I hate anything stiff or scratchy or rough or tight or fussy. No jewelry. No belts.

Especially with a pandemic, I can let my practicality shine through. People seem to appreciate that in these times.

But even when they didn’t, that’s how I dressed. And I promoted 3 times in 10 years with this approach. Healthcare is sort of like IT - your work speaks louder than your wardrobe.

Yppej
    We are going back to dress code today - ugh. In this weather I will be wearing lots of non-denim Capris, tops, flat shoes. Lately I have been liking sliders. I also have a shirt or cardigan as some days the A/C is blasting.

At home it is T shirts, flip flops or sliders, sneakers if I will do extensive walking, and pants that evolve over the course of the day from sweats or jeans to shorts as it warms up. I should wear a hat for sun protection but rarely do.

I am transitioning to cooler colors which go better with gray hair.

How far I have fallen. When I used to work in an office, it was expensive, tailored clothing (Ann Taylor, Talbots etc) with matching jewelry, or a silk scarf and stylish leather shoes. At one point also included makeup and nail polish. These days getting out of stretched out sweatpants and a ratty T shirt into jeans and a non mud stained tee shirt to go to the store is getting dressed up.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    How far I have fallen. When I used to work in an office, it was expensive, tailored clothing (Ann Taylor, Talbots etc) with matching jewelry, or a silk scarf and stylish leather shoes. At one point also included makeup and nail polish. These days getting out of stretched out sweatpants and a ratty T shirt into jeans and a non mud stained tee shirt to go to the store is getting dressed up.
    That mirrors me almost to a T. Ann Taylor is my work go-to, but now with COVID, I'm not traveling on any business trips, so my black blazer has been sitting in the closet for months. So here is my typical type of clothing. Definitely the Athleisure meets Green Acres look.

clothes1.jpgclothing2.jpgclothes3.jpgclothing4.jpgclothing5.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Iris Lily posted so I don't have to. My daily wear is jeans or stretchy pants, tees, and overshirts, jackets, sweaters.
    In the life in my head, I wear layers of oversized, colorful, arty garb.

Aitumn dress.jpg

Elderly fashionistas.jpgBuykud embroidered wide leg pants.jpg

Buykud Loose Women dress.jpg

Buykud plaid dress.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Iris Lily posted so I don't have to. My daily wear is jeans or stretchy pants, tees, and overshirts, jackets, sweaters.
    In the life in my head, I wear layers of oversized, colorful, arty garb.

Aitumn dress.jpg

Elderly fashionistas.jpgBuykud embroidered wide leg pants.jpg

Buykud Loose Women dress.jpg

Buykud plaid dress.jpg

I wish I had the courage to wear the colorful, arty garb. I once bought something like that, but never wore it. I'm afraid my Catholic upbringing with the nuns had too strong an influence on my wardrobe--I basically wear black and white "habits"
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information