Thread: The Great 14th

The Great 14th

Was able to see a free screening of this movie about the life of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. It was wonderful! Very inspiring. Combined with watching several of his teachings on his website, it's been the "breath of fresh air" that I have been needing. I believe the movie is now available on Hulu...??? That's a guess, but it is out there for anyone wanting to search for it and watch.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thank you!! I'd love to see it. I'm inspired by the Dalai Lama, too.

To piggyback, here's another suggestion for something uplifting: I AM, a documentary written and produced by Tom Shadyac, the writer-director of a lot of Jim Carrey movies: Ace Ventura, Bruce Almighty etc. He made tons of Hollywood money... then he had a bicycle accident and he suffered from debilitating head injuries, during which he re-examined his values and decided that all his money and possessions meant crap.

So he sold tons of stuff and moved into a mobile home in Malibu, and he explored life in this movie, I AM. It's great.

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks, catherine. Just finished the trailer and I definitely want to see the whole thing!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information