Thread: Wokeness and Identity Politics

Wokeness and Identity Politics

I think this 4+ minute video is great.

The Problem with Wokeness

"It has robbed many people of compassion and replaced it with moral superiority. Compassion and empathy are paramount to any social movement and to any form of progress.... Once you understand yourself it's very easy to understand everyone else.... How our traumas and our pain manifest is very different, but the root cause as to why we act in the ways that we act is often insecurity. We want belonging; we want acceptance. Fundamental things to a human. If we are more understanding of at least ourselves, it's so hard to judge other people."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Nice. Thanks so much for sharing this. I need to watch it more than once, as there is so much to think about.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Nice. Thanks so much for sharing this. I need to watch it more than once, as there is so much to think about.
    +1

This is outstanding--I so agree about the shaming and the way discourse has degenerated and it is like high school. and ideas about "who has suffered the most" and how we need to see what we have in common. I like how this board has served as a place over the years to do just that. Thank you for sharing this.

Thread Information