Thread: Hello from another Texan

Hello from another Texan

Good Afternoon y’all! I am a mother of two young boys. We live in 2 bedroom/1 bath house that was suppose to be just our starter home. After paying off the mortgage and cars earlier this year, it’s hard to give up the freedom of being debt free. However, I never realized children’s belonging can quickly take over a house. Since drowning in toys/clothes after Christmas Day this last year, I have been much more conscious of what is brought into our house and decluttered many unloved items. I find living a more simply life has made my life more enjoyable and given me more time for favorite activities! I look forward to learning new ways/ideas.

I think it's so great you are debt free--it would be very hard to give that up. Welcome!

Congrats and welcome! I totally understand "children's belongings can quickly take over a house"! Their toys and clothes seem to magically multiply - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Welcome!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Welcome! Sometimes Texan here. I am visiting DD in Tx and the toy situation is unbelievable. The other grand parents have given the twins every electronic toy out there. They have to rotate toys as there are so many. Everything has a battery now. Yuck!

Welcome! I would regularly give away toys that were outgrown or not used.

Welcome!

Thread Information