Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Choosing country over party"

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    The thing is contrary to how much we should respect our kings, you can see echos of the present before. Think Trump has mishandled the coronavirus? Yea so does everyone paying attention. But you can see echos of this in Bush's mishandling of Katrina (remember, right?).

It's just on level of pure scale .... Trump ... just boggles the mind, he's dumber and less able to even grasp the existence of an external reality, he's more openly hateful and brings out the worst in everyone, he screws up a bigger scale, he's mentally far less there (nor does he have anyone else in his administration competent to run things while he uses drugs or whatever it is he does that makes him that way).

And the Republicans won't do the one thing they need to do, like yesterday: remove him from office. They are the only one's who could, Dems can't do it alone. So they are enabling, aiding and abetting all of it.

I think we are getting worse and worse Presidents as a general rule, I mean there is some systematic decay at work IMO, so that complaints from yesterday seem quaint (why wouldn't they, if things are actually degenerating? systematic decay ...). But quite regardless, it's not like I think we HAVE to have Trump. Trump has got to go.
    I agree with most of what you've written, except we don't know how President Obama might have governed without Mitch McConnell and his vow to obstruct every last thing he attempted to do. There's another one who needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It’s also a quaint idea to see any mention, as frugal-one makes, of a Bush Republican “well respected” on this site.

As if.
    You forget. I was an Independent and have voted Republican previously. However, I doubt, based on this administration, I will ever vote that way again.

Thread Information