Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July Frugals

Yppej
    I am only running the A/C at night to sleep. The past couple days I have started using the ceiling fan. DS does use his A/C during the day as his room is on the second floor.

When we worked we wouldn’t put on the a/c until we got home and that worked. Now it runs all the time.

30 years in the house and never had A/C.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

It really depends where you live. Some places you don’t need A/C.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It really depends where you live. Some places you don’t need A/C.
    That is so true. I, however, am in one of the "heat wave" and "high humidity" locations. But I like to think I have acclimated. At least some of the time - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I'm right where I want to be, for many reasons--not the least of which is a perfectly mild climate. We had a hot day or two this Spring, but the temperature has been cruising in the seventies lately.

We turn off the swamp cooler when we go to bed at night otherwise we end up freezing because our nights are cool. Happ, I cannot handle heat anymore as I have gotten older.

I run my a/c between 68-70 degrees. Can't have my windows open due to allergies. Live in a ground floor apartment and don't feel safe leaving my windows open overnight. I've also been having hot flashes for about the past 18 months. Add all that in with a long term heat intolerance, and my a/c runs all the time. At least I have a small place, so the electric bill isn't too bad. I have an old fashioned manual thermostat. When I'm not home, I just turn it down to 80. Place cools down very quickly.

Yppej
    Tradd I am also concerned about crime. The two window units are on the second floor so no one can come and push them in and get into the house, and I do not leave the windows open either.

Yppej
    Usually I would get a haircut around now, but I've decided to try to grow out the sides, cut up and over the ear as part of a pixie cut, so I can tuck them behind my ears while keeping the back short.

Another factor is that my stylist is not working and the two covid haircuts I have had have been less than satisfactory, both in styling and manners. I felt sorry for the employees having to wear masks all day long and tipped generously and neither said thank you. I know their job sucks in a pandemic, so does my frontline job. Get over it. I still thank customers.

And to everyone here who says masks are no big deal because you put one on for a half hour in the supermarket, think about other people who aren't as fortunate.

Thread Information