Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: July Frugals

I too have been postponing haircuts - I've had one since the end of February, with several self-trims to stay sane. I used to wear my hair really long (almost sit on it long) and now I can't stand it if it hits my collar, lol. So that's saved a little money. Saved a bit more this week by paying our mechanic cash. And so far this year, DH and I have spend nothing on shoes/clothes. I've been mending more, "inherited" a stack of t-shirts when my cousin passed last year, and retired, so my clothing needs are very simple! And DH has plenty of clothes. (He tends to wear the same things over and over until they become rags, so for years, people thought new shirts/jeans would made great gifts, since clearly he needed them (not!)! )

Just picked up a laptop case/bag off FB marketplace. It was "free" but I left a couple bucks anyway. I definitely need one and this worked.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I bought a small salad spinner and spiralizer. Absolutely necessary? No, but I am justifying the purchases due to the increased veggies being grown (and purchased), and because the prices were VERY reasonable - less than $20 for both.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Yppej
    Since I am driving less I am spending less on oil changes. I will feel like I am due for one, look at the mileage on the car, and realize I'm not.

Y, we are finding the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I bought a small salad spinner and spiralizer. Absolutely necessary? No, but I am justifying the purchases due to the increased veggies being grown (and purchased), and because the prices were VERY reasonable - less than $20 for both.
    I would definitely categorize the salad spinner as absolutely necessary!

WE got an estimate of 6000-7000 dollars to remove the giant tree that fell on our pole barn Sunday. We've been plugging away on it with chainsaws and pole saws since Sunday, and yesterday, my husband got this giant limb (the scariest) off the roof:tree on roof 2.jpg

He was up on the roof with his pole saw then chainsaw, then used a tractor to pull it off.

We're still plugging away, as there is an even bigger limb hung up on the front that we have to somehow get away from the barn without a crane.

We have a different tree guy coming on Monday to give an estimate, so we are trying to get the rest of it off the barn by Monday. The insurance will only pay 2000 dollars for the tree damage. They are paying 6000 for the pole barn damage, after the deductible.]

He is my hero!

Good luck, Tybee. And everyone be careful!!!!!

Tree removal is so expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I would definitely categorize the salad spinner as absolutely necessary!
    It has already been called to service and has been quite useful. Can't wait to try the spiralizer - a cucumber is almost ready to be picked!! LOL

Thread Information