Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: July Frugals

Well, they are actually here now, with two trucks and a bucket and a grinder--I can see why they charge so much. DH is out watching them and picking up a few tricks, no doubt.

Sorry, three trucks, and it least six people.

Okay, there are now seven people out there now, although six seem to be standing around talking while one works.

rosa, you are totally good as frugal due to not having a horse! I'm currently counting as frugal the fact that I'm without a Triumph Spitfire (in racing green- another youthful indiscretion that DH and I had to part company with years ago and that I am currently regretting selling) - or one of those darling little Fiats Bae just bought. Although it sounds like he got an amazing deal, so very frugal if they are within ones budget.

Tybee - three trucks and 7 "workers" *cough cough* for $1400. sounds like a great deal! Esp for something quite dangerous. I'm sure you're all glad that's taken care of!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    rosa, you are totally good as frugal due to not having a horse! I'm currently counting as frugal the fact that I'm without a Triumph Spitfire (in racing green- another youthful indiscretion that DH and I had to part company with years ago and that I am currently regretting selling) - or one of those darling little Fiats Bae just bought. Although it sounds like he got an amazing deal, so very frugal if they are within ones budget.

Tybee - three trucks and 7 "workers" *cough cough* for $1400. sounds like a great deal! Esp for something quite dangerous. I'm sure you're all glad that's taken care of!
    We were happy they came out so soon but honestly, we were both in tears after they left--it is horrible to lose a tree like that. The yard looks awful and I don't want to live here anymore.

Must be a big tree! It is too bad it is gone if it is one you enjoyed.

our two sugar maples were cut down in Hermann, leaving 6’ of trunk. They look ridiculous, but our contractor for house renovation asked that we chop them like that because it is easier for him to pull the roots out of the ground if he has something big to grab onto. He’s building a garage where the trees are.

It looks so bad. Our tree guy remarked that we now have two clothesline poles with big diameters.

I feel I have to apologize to the neighbors who don’t know what’s going on because it makes us look like idiots, like cheap awful people who cut down beautiful trees but are too cheap to grind stumps.

Iris, that’s funny!

Tybee: I am so sorry; I love trees and I can imagine how you must feel.
    IL: I will admit that if we lived near you, we would be highly critical of those stumps.

Tybee, A tree loss is so sad. We had a large walnut taken down about 10 years ago. I was bereft the entire winter (they did it in October) but, now i have flowers....we also had many pine trees taken down but i was glad to see them go as I feared they would fall on the house. My screened porch is so much nicer now and I can see the birds. I was afraid they wouldn't nest- hummingbirds, cardinals..but we still have them around so they are pretty adaptable. But you will mourn the loss of that tree.

IL Those stumps....I get it and the neighbors will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Must be a big tree! It is too bad it is gone if it is one you enjoyed.

our two sugar maples were cut down in Hermann, leaving 6’ of trunk. They look ridiculous, but our contractor for house renovation asked that we chop them like that because it is easier for him to pull the roots out of the ground if he has something big to grab onto. He’s building a garage where the trees are.

It looks so bad. Our tree guy remarked that we now have two clothesline poles with big diameters.

I feel I have to apologize to the neighbors who don’t know what’s going on because it makes us look like idiots, like cheap awful people who cut down beautiful trees but are too cheap to grind stumps.
    You can put potted plants on top of them, like a morning glory or something that will hang down over them and everyone will wish they had that on their property. You might get a trend started!
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

If you lived in Wisconsin, you'd get a chainsaw artist out there pronto and make sculpture.

Thread Information