Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: July Purge

I’m pitching all sorts of small stuff to get ready for working from home. Lots of papers and small bits that have added up over the past four months while I’ve been at home while unemployed.

I am going through samples and travel sizes. So far I tossed one lotion I brought home from a hotel that I do not like the scent of and took a hotel shower gel out of the depths of the bathroom closet so I can use it up.

I took 23 flower pots to Goodwill today. New total for month: 171.

Good job everyone!

We are heading for two estate sales this weekend, and I am going to tell myself that for anything that comes into the house, something goes out, or that two things have to go out.

My husband needs a new table saw, and there is a really nice one, so we want to go. Needs as in his is completely shot, and he got rid of his back ups on Craigslist.

Donated two large moving boxes of stuff to Goodwill over the weekend. I'm just happy we had a break in the weather so the Goodwill could accept donations. State law prohibits them being outside when the temperature is 95F or hotter. So the boxes stayed in the car for over a week. I feel so much lighter.

Now husband is coming to terms with having to telework for the rest of the year and probably well into spring, so he bought a desk and monitors so things look more like his office set up. A smaller table/temporary desk will be put on the buy nothing group when the desk arrives.

A woman on our local FB free page was looking for newspapers and packing materials for moving, so I gave her a bag full or bubble wrap and packing paper as well as a pile of newspapers that DH had just said should be gone from our house, so her timing was perfect.

Went to two estate sales this week. Good to see the impact of a lifetime of belongings, and how folks live. It's inspiring to purge now.
    The table saw was rejected (thank goodness, it was absolutely huge.) I acquired a wool sheep Christmas ornament, a Whiting Davis purse gold purse, a Red Rose tea Mary and Joseph statue where his beard makes him look like he is wearing a mask, and 5 drinking glasses that match my collected from the Goodwill set of 70's glasses. I had broken at least two prior so not counting those two.

So I need to purge six items today!
    ETA: I forgot I purged two non-relevant phone cords and two mascaras this morning so need to purge two items today.

A rich neighborhood had a community yard sale with the proceeds going to charity. My friend wanted to go so we went for 2 hours. She bought a bunch of stuff. I wasn’t comfortable with the number of people so stood off to the side or stayed in the car. After doing so much purging I wasn’t tempted to buy. If I do then I get rid of the same number of items to stay even.

We have a small cabinet (from the attic), a not working plumber's snake, and the old dining room light going to the dump tomorrow.

We're looking for new stainless and dishes. My current dishes are dinerware and work just fine, but they are also heavy, every now and then -- now. This isn't likely to get better, so I'm on a quest to find something to replace them. In the meantime, determined I'll fill in with my Mom's old china, which I can't seem to sell. I probably could to Replacements or via Poshmark, but haven't gotten there, yet.

Thread Information