Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abundance

Do you like your Aerogarden? I've been contemplating some kind of indoor garden setup--or maybe as a gift.

I love your little garden, Dado!
    I've been feeling grateful to live in the era of modern dentistry. Yes the abscess sucked and the root canal was no fun, but so glad I didn't have to resort to a barber with a piece of string and a bottle of whiskey!

I've been contemplating some kind of indoor garden setup
    If you're looking to grow something like greens for salad, I recommend the book Indoor Salad Gardening. You don't need any grow lights to do this, and the supplies are relatively inexpensive. This is the fourth or fifth year I've been doing this over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    If you're looking to grow something like greens for salad, I recommend the book Indoor Salad Gardening. You don't need any grow lights to do this, and the supplies are relatively inexpensive. This is the fourth or fifth year I've been doing this over the winter.
    I was thinking herbs for me, but maybe a salad garden for a friend who might also want to grow a few cannabis plants. I'll check out the book.

Is this the Perkins version of Indoor Salad Gardening? If so, Amazon has the Kindle edition for 99 cents.

No the one I'm talking about is by Peter Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Do you like your Aerogarden? I've been contemplating some kind of indoor garden setup--or maybe as a gift.
    I received my Aero Garden as a gift. Basically you click the pieces together and plug it in. Then, it's all push-button, add the water or add the "plant food" when the console says to. (It is not like Mr McGregor's Garden!) I get a kick out of how fast plants grow in the pre-seeded Aero Pots. I was happy with the arugula I planted from seed... but my Bibb lettuce did not germinate. I suspect the temperature was too warm for germination.

I am trying romaine in the containers that failed for Bibb Lettuce. The germination is 3 for 3! The variety is "Red Rosie" in pellets from Johnny's out of Winslow, Maine.

Thanks for weighing in; I'm thinking it's the Aerogarden or LED grow lights and an herb planter...

Thread Information