Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abundance

Abundance

My family is healthy and sheltered and safe.
    Grandson coming in the next two weeks.
    walked the trails on my land and ate black raspberries today.
    while machines cleaned my clothes and dishes.
    so many things blooming.
    then I made two rounds of cheese from milk from my goats.
    13 new chicks in the brooder, have to check the incubator again in the morning.
    garden looking good.
    dh caught a fish from our pond for dinner.
    and an adorable baby skunk came by for evening chores.

I love this, and often talk to myself in a similar way. It resets my mind. For me, no matter what’s happening at work, it goes like this:

My husband, our children, their spouses, our grandchildren, and I are employed, insured, housed, fed, and healthy. It’s a good day!

Lovely!
    I am sitting out on my patio looking at the flowers (lilies, lavender, butterfly weed etc) blooming, my little beagle roaming and exploring every nook in the backyard, the birds are stopping for a drink in the birdbath, my first tomato is ripe, the row of trees is in full glorious leaf, the hydrangeas are flowering white and pink and family and I are well, safe and blessed.
    Friends are treasured gifts. Local businesses like my internet provider phoned yesterday to ensure that a problem was completely resolved, another advised me of a loyalty program to which I was entitled and of which I was completely unaware. I can order stuff online and have it delivered to my local store for easy pickup if it is not locally available and return to the store if not suitable.

I am grateful for the abundance s of blessings as well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I'm safe in quarantine, in passable health, and have all the books I can read. What more could I ask?
    There's always something to be grateful for, but doing so publicly feels like bragging to me.

Not doing as well as some, but doing better than others; don't have a lot, but then don't want a lot; am grateful for what I have and especially grateful for the wonderful people in my life. I'm definitely happy and pretty darn close to being satisfied and content.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm safe in quarantine, in passable health, and have all the books I can read. What more could I ask?
    There's always something to be grateful for, but doing so publicly feels like bragging to me.
    Jane, I often feel the same so hesitate to respond and then realize that I love hearing/reading other reports of the simple joys in another's life. CL started the thread with the simple joys that she treasures and I loved it. As Tammy wrote, "it helps reset one's life".
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

CL, what a awesome list! I am grateful for my family, friends, little doggies, health, and all that I have. Last night my son and I sat outside for 5 hours talking and it was so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Jane, I often feel the same so hesitate to respond and then realize that I love hearing/reading other reports of the simple joys in another's life. CL started the thread with the simple joys that she treasures and I loved it. As Tammy wrote, "it helps reset one's life".
    You're right--simple joys are the best.

My simple pleasure this week has been my foster dog. He is just the dog I need right now – sweet, pretty, low energy, very easy.

My gardens are looking OK As far as weeds go. Big lilies are full out so I will be able to enjoy them another couple of weeks.

I have an abundance of weeds/grasses. I've done my ten minutes of whacking away at them for the day. That feels good.

Thread Information