Thread: Thank you to all the Veterans

Thank you to all the Veterans

I just wanted to take a minute to acknowledge and show my appreciation for all the Veterans and their families. No matter how hard we try we'll never truely know the degree of sacrifice that you've made for this country. The things that you've seen and experienced are beyond our imaginations. The appreciation and support you recieve from the rest of us can never be enough no matter how hard we try.

You have my utmost respect and my sincerest gratitude.

BKE

Today in the UK most places observed the 2-minute silence at 11.00 am. I find it very moving.
    It appears that this year the number of poppies sold by the Royal British Legion is higher than ever. I believe it is the fact that we are presented almost weekly with bodies being flown into Brize Norton and (until recently) accorded a ceremony by the people of Wootton Bassett.

Our big national and local ceremonies take place on Remembrance Sunday. The national one, held at the Cenotaph in London usually has members of the royal family in attendance. I love the musical part, including one of my favourite pipe tunes, 'The flo'ers o' the Forest'. I intend to have it played at my own funeral, just as it was at all my close relatives who have died.

At least one member of my family has served in the British Armed Forces for almost 300 years.

'Lest we forget'.

Thread Information