Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gifts

Christmas Gifts

Deleted
    Last edited by harmony; 2-29-12 at 8:56am.

What a great idea! I might just steal it for myself.

Awesome idea, harmony! Simple, cute, and practical!

That does sound like a great idea!

Everyone needs a new wallet. It seems we wait until the one we have is falling apart before we buy a new one! Love this idea, if I ever see them on sale I will also follow suit!!!

that's a really great idea. yes, definitely "theft-worthy."

The wallets are a great idea! I'm reviving this Christmas gift thread as I have started doing my holiday shopping - mainly for the kids, but only 3 gifts under the tree from us and a stocking from Santa filled based on the Victorian Stocking poem. (It's nice to have the guidelines!) I have to say I'm having fun since I've been able to order several items from Amazon for free. (Gosh - I love that word!)

Anyway, for extended family, we try to get each other something that is functional yet inexpensive. I'm talking my adult siblings and their spouses/partners. I need something that would be good for both males and females, that is in the $5 - $10 range and is useful/functional. For example, last year one of my siblings gave us all one of those emergency devices to fit on a keyring that will cut a seatbelt and then shatter a window. Little, useful, yet not something I normally run out to get for myself.

I know I may be asking the impossible, but any ideas?? Oh, yeah... I would need 20 of whatever!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Flashlights.. either wind up or plug in .. great for use in emergency.

I have my gifts "figured out." Now I just need to make them!! And Christmas is...what???? Only four months away!!!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    I was thinking I was going to make a bag for grandkids swimming stuff. Then put new beach towels and some other things inside so that when they went to the pool or beach everything would be together. I am done with toys for them, they get so much stuff from Aunts, Grandparents etc. I think the parents would approve.

Then I went online and found some neat ideas for card table tents and I think I am going to make one of them as well. I am a quilter so usually make someone a big quilt each year, it's one of my sisters turns and she has had a rough year so she'll appreciate it.

Thread Information