Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: July 8-August 31, 2020

ejchase - you are my hero and inspiration, lol! I don't post much because my decluttering ebbs and flows according to our antique/flea-market sales but has been flowing a bit more of late, as the mall shops are fuller (I'm conflicted about that!) and people seem to be buying again. I'm still trying to get a dedicated space for storage but it's slow going. Still, chipping away bit by bit, cheered on by the progress of others. We do try to work on clearing/organizing every day. Today, there are Christmas plastic blow-molds everywhere, but tomorrow, hopefully, they will be elsewhere! Thanks so much for keeping this thread going.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    With losing weight I went through my closet and took out the big clothes for the thrift store. My best friend is on the same journey and gave me 12 shirts that are like new. She is short so no pants for me. I did buy 2 new pairs of jeans. P
    Great job, Teacher Terry!

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    ejchase - you are my hero and inspiration, lol! I don't post much because my decluttering ebbs and flows according to our antique/flea-market sales but has been flowing a bit more of late, as the mall shops are fuller (I'm conflicted about that!) and people seem to be buying again. I'm still trying to get a dedicated space for storage but it's slow going. Still, chipping away bit by bit, cheered on by the progress of others. We do try to work on clearing/organizing every day. Today, there are Christmas plastic blow-molds everywhere, but tomorrow, hopefully, they will be elsewhere! Thanks so much for keeping this thread going.
    Oh thanks, early morning. It is not an exaggeration for me to say the community here has changed my life. I really appreciate all the support.

It sounds like you are making progress too. A little bit every day is great!

I did 30 more minutes today. New total: 33.
    Last edited by ejchase; 11-25-20 at 3:45am.

I did an hour last weekend. New total: 34.

My daughter and I did 30 minutes in the backyard yesterday, getting rid of a lot of clutter back there. New total: 34.5.

Went to the thrift store last week and this week with stuff.

I turned in my grades on Monday, and yesterday, Wednesday, I looked around at our messy first floor and said to myself, "Just start with the easy stuff." And that worked. I actually did 2.5 hours, and the first floor is SO much better. Last night, I turned on the Christmas tree lights and was really able to enjoy the living room for first time in a while. Neat spaces feel good!

New total: 37.

What a nice Christmas gift to yourself, EJ!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    What a nice Christmas gift to yourself, EJ!
    Thanks, rosarugosa!

I managed to turn off the news today, and my daughter and I spent two hours cleaning out our storage shed in the backyard. We didn't go through all the boxes (which would have made it an 8-hour job), but there was plenty of stuff that clearly needed to go. We found lots to recycle and lots to give away, and now there is space in there for her bike AND my new bike! It was a good lesson in giving myself permission to tackle a big job without being a perfectionist about it.

So proud of us! New total: 39!

Thread Information