Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 40 Hours of Decluttering Using Flylady's Timer Method: July 8-August 31, 2020

I did not donate this: a tall Victorian secretary that is too tall for our Hermann house.

Because our neighborhood association is having an auction and it wants furniture for that, I decided I would donate my beautiful Victorian secretary to that auction if it did not fit in my new condo. The ceilings in this condo are 8‘10“. My secretary is 8’ 9.5” so it will stay with me for a while longer.

It’s good IL that you can still enjoy your secretary. Did you try to attach a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    It’s good IL that you can still enjoy your secretary. Did you try to attach a picture?
    I didn’t attach a photo above but here is that secretary. The top lacey part comes off so I can always store that and still have the piece of furniture without the top finials and Wood lace. But I’m happy to report that the entire piece fits in my condo just barely. There is also a wall that’s perfect for it and has an inch on either side to spare.

B6B551C8-D1DF-407F-91D6-7C967B862526.jpeg

This is my only piece of Victoriana moving to my condo.

My condo has as a decorating theme light woods, lacquer, Lucite finishes, clean lines with some hints of French influence. But I am trying to keep in mind what this 1920s building is and it is solid simple German aesthetics, nothing outre or cheap.

Heavy dark Victorian pieces do not work there, they are too old.

That’s really beautiful!!

Those pink accents! I wouldn’t be that brave but I love it.

love the walls and the fireplace. Trim color very nice!

Nice, Iris Lilies!

I did an hour on Friday before the housekeeper came - just getting rid of clutter that might get in her way.

Then yesterday, I did an hour decluttering the car (going to get it washed today!) and cleaning out the guest bedroom. I've been meaning to get rid of the double bed in there and replace it with a sleeper sofa, and it turns out a guy from our church needs a bed, so someone's picking it up for him today. Then there will be space for both a (small) sleeper sofa and the treadmill I ordered.

New total: 22.5.

Nice win-win, ejchase!

that's great EJ. Glad IL you were able to figure a way to keep the cupboard. We got rid of 2 dead humidifiers and a broken chipper shredder. Our mower guy took them for scrap and to maybe fix the chipper shredder..said he'd take our brush as well when we need him!!!

RJ, it’s nice that you can help someone out and also get rid of things!

Thread Information