Thread: Spiralizer Advice Needed

Spiralizer Advice Needed

Hi All,

My daughter and I are growing zucchini this year, and I would love to try zucchini noodles. The only problem is that I've been in physical therapy for seized-up neck and upper back muscles, so I have no upper body strength. My sister says spiralizers require a fair amount of muscle to use. Anybody have one or know of one that doesn't?

Thanks,
    Elizabeth

Have you considered just using a basic veggie peeler to get “noodles”?

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    Hi All,

My daughter and I are growing zucchini this year, and I would love to try zucchini noodles. The only problem is that I've been in physical therapy for seized-up neck and upper back muscles, so I have no upper body strength. My sister says spiralizers require a fair amount of muscle to use. Anybody have one or know of one that doesn't?

Thanks,
    Elizabeth
    I have an Inspiralizer (white) and is very easy to use and uses minimal muscles. You don't even have to take it apart to switch blades. I use it all the time.
    https://inspiralized.com/product/the...izer-pro-mint/

If you have a KitchenAid mixer, they have an attachment. Kind of pricey, though (I'll admit I'm intrigued). https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/sto...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Have you considered just using a basic veggie peeler to get “noodles”?
    I really liked them in a round noodle shape the times I've had them.

Thanks, All!

I have a round mandoline slicer I've bought a few months ago. I make strips of zucchini easily with that. It's really makes a great job. You can also use julienne veggie peelers to make julienne strips, they are preety chip.

Thanks, ejchase, for starting this thread. I just harvested a couple of zucchini and I was bemoaning the fact that I got rid of my spiralizer last year during The Purge. I was going to order one on Amazon.

luna, I have a box manodoline. How would I use it? The side with the long blades, I'm assuming. Do I put the mandolin on its side? Do I cut the zucchini in half? Please advise. I might try that before I go buying a spiralizer. As I never used my first one, it was just clutter in NJ and I don't want more clutter in VT.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

We made a wonderful dish the other night just using our vegetable peeler and making lasagna-type zoodles.

ETA: the zoodles, to me, are better with the seeds removed.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information