Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you travel right now?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Would you travel right now?

I asked this question down below on 3/11, in the midst of packing for my last trip to Algodones. I'm asking it again to get an idea if opinion here has changed on this issue. I personally would not except for.legit health care in Mexico reasons - other than that I wouldn't at the moment even visit Tucson. How about you'all? Rob

I would not

I might do a staycation within a few hours of home before winter but little else. I am so comfortable and content at home right now. I have loved the past few months of peace and quiet.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

It depends on too many factors Rob. So yes, the possibility is there, But there are probably enough reasons to keep me from doing it.

I would not.

Yes, I just returned home today from a 5 week, 5,260 mile round trip exploration of mostly North and South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. Of course we took our house with us and we felt quite comfortable. From an illness standpoint I think it was safer overall than taking public transportation across town.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I travel by car, and yes, I will. I'm going to the Straits of Mackinac (between the two peninsulas of Michigan) the last weekend of the month. 8 hour drive.

I absolutely would not fly right now, but I loathe flying under normal circumstances.

No!

Alan's way (the kitchen and hotel room in the back)? Yes.

Drive a long distance or fly to a hotel room somewhere? Not now, no.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

very few countries are letting Americans in now, and some of those who do would require two weeks quarantine or else have very bad coronavirus outbreaks of their own. Many states won't let you in without 2 weeks quarantine, from New York on one side of the country, to Hawaii out there in the Pacific. Travel the few places within the country it is doable, nah probably wouldn't.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information