Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you travel right now?

Yppej
    Tradd I was there a few years ago and it was stunningly beautiful.

I have not used any of my vacation time yet hoping for things to get better, but if I don't by the end of the year I lose the days. DS may have some family business to attend to in Florida and if I go with him (we would drive not fly) my employer would make me quarantine for 2 weeks unpaid when I return. He is mentally ill and I don't like the idea of him travelling alone that distance. It is a mess.

I would drive if one of the kids or my parents had an emergency. Short of that, probably not.

Driving. And to an area that was not currently a hot spot? Probably. Getting on a crowded plane? Nope.

We are traveling on an overnight to Maine for our daughter's shower, and my son is trying to talk us into traveling to Southern VT for his brother's 40th birthday in late August, and we'll be back in Maine for my daughter's September wedding (immediate family only). Other than that, absolutely no plans for travel in the foreseeable future. Wouldn't even think of getting on a plane.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I would definitely go to something in a low-Covid area right now, if I knew that the community was like mine, enforcing, contract tracing, etc. So for me, if I were a Vermonter, I would go to family events in Maine and Vermont.

I would go to the UP right now, except we're still working and it's stressful to try to work and vacation at the same time, haha.

We went ahead with our road trip to see the grand-twins in Texas which turned into a hotspot of the nation right after we left. Stayed at hotels and Air BnB's there and back. Used plastic bag over hand to pump gas. Frequent hand sanitizer. Took a lot of food with us but stopped a few times at take out places for dinners. Wore masks everywhere. The only thing that gave us high anxiety was using public restrooms here and there. Also SIL's insistence on going to the gym while we were there which I believe to be a place that should not even be open right now. There were lots of out of state plates on the road and many not wearing masks in public places. Except for a grocery run, we will stay home for two weeks as recommended just in case.

We are experienced travelers and will not get on a plane for anything. It was never easy and now is horrible. Plus the countries we are interested don't want us either.

Have a brother in AK and to see him we would have to stay in 14 day quarantine. We did suggest he come down to the lower 48 if for no other reason than we have much better and more available health care facilities. Other brother is in northwestern Florida and if an emergency we could drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Driving. And to an area that was not currently a hot spot? Probably. Getting on a crowded plane? Nope.
    Yes, me too.

Unfortunately I don’t really like driving more than six hours so that means I’d have to stay in a motel. I’m really OK with staying in a motel for one or two nights. But then I think about where am I going on this vacation?

If I was a true outdoor girl and I liked mountains and lakes and hiking and etc., I might go there. I still haven’t ruled out a cooling Great Lakes vacation in August or September. But really, I would only do one of those vacations for about three days and then I’m bored. I need sidewalks under my feet and architecture to look at and restaurants to sit at and etc. ...city life...in order to enjoy my vacation.

If they would let me in to Canada I think this is a time where I might drive up to Nova Scotia and then back down to New Hampshire to see our friends. But DH says we can’t get into Canada! Ha ha and that is fine, I understand why the Canadians are restricting their border, assuming he’s right about that.

He is right, you cannot go to Canada at this time.

Iris, if you want architecture, go hit Mackinac Island. You like Victorian houses, plenty of those there!

Thread Information