Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you travel right now?

And only nine cases of Covid and no deaths, just checked.

We have canceled all our travel plans to the east coast and just got our last refunds back the other day. We do have a couple of camping trips planned that are within an hour or two of home. I'm saddened to think I won't be in a plane for a loooooooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    And only nine cases of Covid and no deaths, just checked.
    Where is that?

Mackinac County.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Mackinac County.
    Ah! Thanks for checking. I’m going to be diving up there and have friends up there right now doing the same.

No travel. Don’t even make unnecessary runs to the grocery store.

No real travel for the foreseeable future. Right now, we stay home as much as possible. We are planning some day driving tours, but not sure when we'll actually feel like going - we can take food and drink, but our little Hyundai does not come equipped with restroom facilities, so that's an issue to contend with...

Would like to do some solo camping within 0 - 3 hours from home, but probably won't. This past week, heard of two more people that I know in quarantine with their families in my area. I almost feel like I'm being stalked! So, I'm probably staying home for the next couple of months - no to travel.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    8 months later I thought it might be time to revive this thread. If everyone who wants a vaccine can get one by summer or early fall it seems travel should be back then as a guilt free pleasure. I had Portland, Maine on my wish list but the Winslow Homer Studio will be closed all of 2021 and that is one of the sights I definitely wanted to see.

Do you plan to vacation this year? Will you travel farther than you normally would to find places that are open for tourism?

We've rented a cottage for a week just outside Acadia NP in Maine. We'll be hiking primarily, and we are going early June, so less crowded on the trails. The cottage has cooking facilities so we have flexibility. If we've been vaccinated by then, we may go out for a few meals, but its also nice to just stay in after a long day of hiking.

Thread Information