Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back after 8 yrs, FB "refugee"

Back after 8 yrs, FB "refugee"

Hello All

According to the search feature, my last post in this forum was spring of 2012. I've popped on over the years just to check in, but most of my social media time in the interim was spent on consumed by FB. I just can't FB anymore. It's full of angry memes and advertising.

I hope all are well and I'm pleased to see familiar names that go way back to the old boards (this topic again!) when this discussion board was housed on simpliving.net or something like that. On that board I was known as Blithe Morning II.

Ironically, I am involved in a couple of work related discussions about how to build online community (more pressing than ever in COVID 19 time) and I keep saying "Well, I think an old school message board with forums and topics would be best." None of this Reddit style business where everything is a mish mash and you rely on people adding tags to keep things somewhat organized. And please stay off my lawn, too, while you're at it.

Looking forward to visiting.
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

Yppej
    Welcome back. Do you like the Shakers that you picked the name Anne Lee?

Welcome back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Welcome back. Do you like the Shakers that you picked the name Anne Lee?
    Other than appreciating their furniture, not really. I actually grew up near where they settled outside of Albany NY so I guess there's that. But my first name is Anne and Lee is a name that runs through my husband's family in various forms. When the "new" forums started I was ready for a change so I selected this name. I actually registered Blithe Morning on this forum but decided to just use this name.

In rereading my old posts, it's funny to see how much has changed and how much hasn't.
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

Welcome back! I remember you.

Welcome back.

Facebook, hmm, yes I imagine it being bad (it's been years and years). I'm actually getting a lot of value out of twitter recently reading about covid etc. but that's the medical etc. stuff, so it's the less crazed political part (yea I know unbelievably the pandemic has also been politicized, but less twittery than some of the twitter, where angels fear to tread). I know those are dangerous waters in their way too but. :|
    Trees don't grow on money

I remember your name and you had another prior to that as well but I cannot recall it right now. We talked about our shared interest in Royal Doulton figurines. Glad you are back. Give us an update if that works for you.

I used to be Danny but it started getting confusing with so many variations that looked similar to Danny so I switched mine to 'razz' instead.

While FB is helpful occasionally with local business info and community info, I prefer to keep it 'logged off'.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I remember you, Blithe Morning/Anne Lee! Welcome back!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome back! I didn't arrive here until 2012 so our paths must have just missed. I hope you post more here now.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Anne Lee great to see you!

Reddit is a confusing, organized mess. Between old Reddit, new
    Reddit, mobile app Reddit, and now Apollo Reddit, and then my favorite snark topic splitting off into Threads with nearly the same name, I never am sure where I am in that content.

Agreed that forum software is easy to follow.

Thread Information