Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Escaping...

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Yes they do change things fairly often. I took the test a year or so ago and I think I'm now on my third set of results. 57% England, Wales and Northwestern Europe, 33% Ireland and Scotland, 5% Norway and 5% Sweden.

I thought it was an interesting test because my family lore included an American Indian Great Grandfather but that didn't show up in any of my close family's tests.
    Yeah--my family lore had the same one, I think. )I'm sure my sibling was greatly disappointed to find they weren't part of an oppressed minority. ) When I was doing genealogy, I was excited to come across a relative named Greybill (Wow--there's our Native American!) until I found the surname was a variation of Krebiehl, an old German name that has about a million variants. I have approximately the same ethnic mix as our Dear Leader, but I have ancestors in common with the Bush family.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I have approximately the same ethnic mix as our Dear Leader, but I have ancestors in common with the Bush family.
    As it happens, we found out that one of my wife's ancestors was U.S. Grant. It's a rather convoluted trail but still.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

It's fun to discover famous--or infamous--ancestors in the family. Luther Burbank was a cousin, many times removed, which almost made up for our Indian--free pedigree in my sibling's eyes.

Thread Information