Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Escaping...

Escaping...

This is the link I always have open on my computer lately: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/c...b-feederwatch/

When I've had enough of various online negativity and, yes, crap! - I'll pop over to the tab with this link and just watch. For me, it is my online "escape" from any work I'm doing or just bad visits to some websites.

Anyone else? How do you "escape"? (Besides the obvious 'turn off the computer and walk away' - ROFLOL)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Totally agree that watching nature is a wonderful way of refreshing one's thinking.

I love the Decorah Eagle cam seeing the eaglets grow which was mentioned here on SLF. https://sportsmansparadiseonline.com...ld-eagle-nest/

It lead me to the the Wild Earth African Safari's which I watch on Youtube the same day of the safari.

The Rainforest https://sportsmansparadiseonline.com...d-critter-cam/ has shown me a variety of birds and other wildlife.

I feel as though I am snorkeling on https://sportsmansparadiseonline.com...ater-fish-cam/
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

razz, thank you so much for the links! I loved watching the Decorah eagles as well. I love it when I go check out the cam and they are NOT there - off doing what they are supposed to be doing - LOL. I've seen the Panama fruit feeder as well - such colorful birds! The other link is new to me - thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Books, naps, cat/kitten videos, Nature outside my window, good food.

Sometimes I'll tool around on ancestry.com. Or I'll go to optimize.me and listen to a book excerpt. Explore my Pinterest boards, which are centered on home decor and gardening. Or just follow a bunny trail by hopping from Wikipedia article to Wikipedia article... I might start with a random word or idea and just see where it goes. That's my most fun thing to do. So, look up Broadway play Hamilton, then look up Lin-Manuel Miranda, then look up reviews of the book that Hamilton was based on, then look up bios of the cast members of Hamilton, then listen to the opening number of Hamilton... it goes on and on for hours.. That's. my escape.. Alice in Wikipedialand.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I look at old needlepoint kits and china and Copco pans from the 70's on ebay. It's very soothing.

I've been reading more. Escaping into Jules Verne right now. lol.

Explore.org has lots of live cams. My favorite during the summer is the brown bears of Katmai National Park. https://explore.org/livecams/current...m-brooks-falls
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

I go outside, walk around my property and I always seem to find something to do outside. Either picking berries, pulling weeds, weed eating, moving my flowers around, mowing the lawn, or watering the plants. There is always something. It is good to get the projects done and I feel a sense of accomplishment.
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

Swimming in Lake Michigan! We go again today.

Thread Information