Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Are you" isolated" ?

I loved that poem by Robert Frost when I first read it years ago. I was reminded of it seeing the thick stone walls in the UK when on a bus tour.

There was an architect who built a tower solely of stones carefully placed as the indigenous population used to do, Mary Colter. It is amazing to see.
    https://www.nps.gov/grca/learn/photo...watchtower.htm
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Our new backyard has 8 foot solid wood fences on the sides and a 6 foot solid wood fence on the back. Because we're a middle unit townhouse our next door neighbors can look out their 2nd and 3rd bedroom windows into our yard but they are both single people so I doubt they spend a lot of time staring out into our yard. And behind us is a nature park that never gets used. So it's private enough. The neighbors are both nice people though, and we're already on a hello and polite conversation relationship with them so I'm not concerned about privacy. Also, while they're both avid gardeners neither spends time just "hanging out" in their backyards. And there's enough sound insulation between units that we've never heard anything from either side while inside our home which is a pleasant change from pretty much every place I've ever lived. I've not lived anywhere in my adult life with this much space or privacy. I don't need more space inside or out. That would just mean more things to have to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I loved that poem by Robert Frost when I first read it years ago. I was reminded of it seeing the thick stone walls in the UK when on a bus tour.

There was an architect who built a tower solely of stones carefully placed as the indigenous population used to do, Mary Colter. It is amazing to see.
    https://www.nps.gov/grca/learn/photo...watchtower.htm
    That is indeed amazing, Razz. We have stone firetowers around here in the woods and they are quite wonderful, but not in the same league by any means!

Thank you, Razz for sharing that site. I never knew about it. I will watch the video often.

Thread Information