Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do: Wedding shower + COVID

The lack of testing supplies is criminal. Add that to inconsistent testing and contact tracing, and it's a recipe for disaster. People are still waiting in long, long lines to get tested. The nation has failed, and failed badly, to meet this crisis.

I think you have a solid plan if you go. I would not project anything onto your daughter. Nearer the date see what your heart and mind tell you to do but take all guilt and projection of feelings out of it.

I agree with BAE. No one should go. I have socially distanced with 4 of us total, outside, and honestly, even that is hard. 30, 40 people? That is a ticket to a respirator. You have no idea who has it, who spreads it, and what if you go and then are a carrier and give it to your husband? Stay home and send a gift and a card. That is super irresponsible and selfish to even have the party during a pandemic. Sorry to be so harsh, but the experts are saying this will be endemic in our society if we can't get rid of it like most other countries already have.

4 total is the max I've done (and one is my bf whose risk I have anyway for better or worse and all that) distanced outside etc..
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

DH and I have not gone to any family events and there have been a couple that we know of. We won't even see his parents because it involves a lot of trust that they will A) take precautions like social distancing, masks etc. when we see them and B) if they have been taking those same precautions all along with others prior. We just don't know if they have. Multiply that by 30 people, it just seems very risky.
    Last edited by saguaro; 7-20-20 at 12:54pm.

Every year my neighborhood hostS a major bike race on Labor Day weekend. The bikers go round and round our park. It is a big popular event with crowds, outdoor food vendors, skinny bicyclistS in their little tight spandex shorts which is nice for ladies who like that bicyclist build which I dont, Too skinny. But that is off-topic…

Anyways – the bicycle race organizers have asked our neighborhood for support to get a permit. After a lot of discussion on the board where I originally said no, I resigningly voted to not oppose the permit. My thinking was, fine, let these ind athletes and attendees make up their own mind on attending. Course I won’t go. I haven’t gone for the past several years because I got tired of their self entitled shit. Believe me I worked that event for many years.

But I hope that the city health department shut ps it down and does not grant a permit. Even though the organizer says they’re going to spread out registration booths, take temperatures of all bikers and volunteers, and blah blah blah, it’s still stupid. A physician in our neighborhood reminded all that the bicyclists ride together in a clump, there’s no 6 foot distancing and they sure won’t be wearing masks. It’s very stupid. She is very unhappy that this is even being proposed.

Again, you won’t catch me at this event. It is ridiculous that they are proposing it. Our state is doing OK when compared to other states although certainly the virus is rampant here. It’s hard for me to understand what part of “this race is a ridiculous idea “the organizers don’t understand. I think mostly the fact they’re all young athletes is the driver.

All our events have been cancelled. If fact you can’t gather in a group bigger than 10.

For the first time since Mar 13 I met up with some people early July.
    Up till I had barely left the house (3 living under one roof)
    At that time in Ontario it was no more then 10 could meet.
    We were 10 with our own chairs, water, no food. We sat around a large
    circle 6 feet apart in a giant park.
    It was surprising how people started to inch into to be closer to hear
    and I think feel like you needed to be closer. It was really surprising
    to see how much room it took for 10 people to sit six feet apart.
    I still did not feel right and was glad to go home.
    And, now because we are supposedly doing so well they have
    moved up to 50 to 100 can meet.
    What size backyard much less room would you need to
    socially distance with that many people?

And, yes I know for a fact of 2 cases of people planning
    BYOB, Kids are welcome, swimming, supper served at 5:00,
    we can have up to 100 at any one time. All to happen in a very
    average suburban yard with pool. Oh, and added on
    in small print we will have sanitizer and masks available.

All this will come back to bite us!
    We are suppose to be back out so people can get back to work.
    That and the economy should matter more then social.
    Sorry for the rant.

Yes I've experienced that people wanting to move closer and closer. Extroverts, they will kill us all. And I've expressed in no uncertain terms, this is Not OK.

I literally think all gatherings are still banned, and they want people to have no human contact for a year or something. I don't think this abstinence only education is working judging how cases are increasing and it's not like there aren't parties going on. Of course since there's little contract tracing noone really knows where our cases here are really coming from.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

And then there are the brave infected patriots who refuse to divulge their contacts.

Thread Information