Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What would you do: Wedding shower + COVID

Love the dress!!

Similar to the topic of this thread, next week I drive from California to Colorado for son’s wedding. We tried to have him get married then have a party next year, but this type of event with masks and social distancing is allowed there. My wife age 65 is not going, too much of a risk to her fragile respiratory system. I plan on a quarantine return trip taking four to five days on back roads for a trip that is otherwise 15 hours of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by San Onofre Guy View Post
    Similar to the topic of this thread, next week I drive from California to Colorado for son’s wedding. We tried to have him get married then have a party next year, but this type of event with masks and social distancing is allowed there. My wife age 65 is not going, too much of a risk to her fragile respiratory system. I plan on a quarantine return trip taking four to five days on back roads for a trip that is otherwise 15 hours of driving.
    Wow..well I hope you like road trips! Such a shame your wife can't go, but I totally think she's doing the right thing--just as my DH did the right thing by not going to the shower.

Update on my end: I did go to the shower. There were about 30 people there, none of them seemed to care much about social distancing. I will admit that I don't think I should have gone. It was risky. I'm home now but I'm still on pins and needles and will be until 14 days has passed (I'm on Day 6 now). I've been disinfecting, trying to keep socially distant and we haven't been sleeping in the same bed. I take my temperature and his every day. Frankly, I think all of these half-a$$ed efforts are just to make me feel less guilty. I don't think that if I AM a carrier, any of this will prevent him from getting it.

As for the wedding, I've heard concerns from two sons regarding going to her very small wedding ceremony that will take place in September. They both have wives and 2 children each. They've said that their wives and kids might not go. I completely understand, but I feel so bad for my daughter. I wish, frankly, she'd delay the whole wedding until next year. Either that or sneak out in the middle of the night and text us in the morning to tell us that they'd eloped.

I wish you a great time at your son's wedding, San Onofre Guy
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I wish people getting married this summer would just embrace the concept of a zoom wedding. Donít even invite people to a face to face event. Use all of your powers of the imagination to have the most excellent virtual wedding. Take it on as a challenge, the way they do with all the details of in person weddings in the past.

I know a few people that postponed their weddings until next year and went to the courthouse and did it. As they have the dress and their hearts set on a wedding they will eventually do it.

I do like road trips. Many round trip New Jersey to Maine when I was first out of school (I grew up in Maine), twice trips Maine to California one way, four round trips to Denver from California, many round trips to Mammoth to ski each winter for. About ten years in the 90’s 350 miles each way.

i like the open road

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I wish people getting married this summer would just embrace the concept of a zoom wedding. Don’t even invite people to a face to face event. Use all of your powers of the imagination to have the most excellent virtual wedding. Take it on as a challenge, the way they do with all the details of in person weddings in the past.
    Yes, and that would make a good story to tell the family years later. This thing is annoying and scary, but it's not forever.

Thread Information