Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Heart Disease in Dogs

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    Thank you, Jane, Tradd, Alan and Rosa. Your thoughts and words are much appreciated.

Can I confess that when I felt my resolve wavering this morning, the thought of having to come on here and incur the wrath of IL kept my from buckling?
    She who must Be obeyed!!

Geila, I just saw the pictures and read about her wonderful day and am crying. I am so sorry for all of you. This is the hardest part of loving our babies. Hugs)

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Geila, I just saw the pictures and read about her wonderful day and am crying. I am so sorry for all of you. This is the hardest part of loving our babies. Hugs)
    It was hard, but you know, I wouldn't trade it. We had a brief but beautiful love affair, her and I. She was a complete joy and I'm grateful for our time together. When we were outside the vet's office yesterday waiting to go in, I was holding her in my arms and she was looking around so peacefully and then she licked my face several times with the sweetest expression on her face. I think she was trying to comfort me and tell me that she loved me. And maybe that she was ready to go. She sure enjoyed her last meal - she ate a lot of treats! And being hand-fed while lounging in bed didn't hurt either.

Today I keep expecting to see her. She loved to sleep on my bed buried under a fleece blanket and I would let her sleep in as long as she wanted. And this morning I started walking to my bedroom thinking: I wonder if Lucy's ready for a cuddle. 💓

I have so many good memories of her that today has actually been a very good day, just thinking about her when she was goofy and cute and loving and smart and sweet...

I'm going to change my screen name to hers so that I will think of her every time I type it in.

That’s so lovely to hear.

I rescued a old sick Maltese that was neglected. He only lived 6 months but I never regretted it.

Thread Information