Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You Going Places by Yourself?

When I go on solo hikes or bike rides these days to places that have low-volume-of-traffic, I always file a "flight plan" with a responsible person, in case I sprain my ankle on the trail or something. Some of the spots here, you could go a week or more before someone came across you.

Good to know, Jeppy. I never heard of Andres. I will add it to the list!

Since I got old I use a policy of not going places alone where I couldn't handle it if trouble came up. I have no cellphone or other safety devices, so that means no hiking alone in places where there are not other people.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

Yppej
    I contacted AAA and they do have etickets but only for their partner organizations. They don't even have them for all organizations that offer AAA discounts.

My idea of a vacation is going home,turning the phone off, sitting in my bedroom and binge watching Netflix. I order a pizza and have it delivered. It ssems the time goes by too fast though and its time to get back to real life.
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieVarricchio View Post
    My idea of a vacation is going home,turning the phone off, sitting in my bedroom and binge watching Netflix. I order a pizza and have it delivered. It ssems the time goes by too fast though and its time to get back to real life.
    We are all different. Even when I was working I wanted more than this. A vacation to me is doing something special ... out of the ordinary. Now.. the days are just running into each other and I realize my life is wilting away.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    A vacation to me is doing something special ... out of the ordinary.
    There was a time -- in the growing distance now -- before I discovered living simply, when going home, turning off the phone, and eating pizza, while binge-watching, would have been all the vacation I wanted. It would have been a distinct break from the schedule I was maintaining.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Vacation definition by Oxford dictionary: an extended period of leisure and recreation, especially one spent away from home or in traveling.

I guess I never referred to having a day off or going home to watch tv as a vacation. To me, a vacation implies a number of days doing something enjoyable/unusual away from home. The term I've heard for staying home is a staycation.

I've found most vacations more work than they're worth; I've never been much of traveler.

I absolutely love to travel and my perfect trip is 2 weeks. We have stayed longer due to the price of airfare.

Thread Information