Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Are You Going Places by Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I keep a bottle of sanitizer in my car door map pocket that I use.
    I actually keep the bottle in the back seat map pocket so I don't have to touch the driver's door with my possibly-germy hands.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My husband and I researched some genealogy for awhile but doesn’t replace being with people.

I have been trying for 2+ weeks now to get together with a couple of friends at an outdoor restaurant. While we have a handy one a block from my house, open Sunday and Monday, I don’t want to go there because it seems we end up there too often. The other outdoor patio dining place 1/2 block from my house is nice but also too familiar. The .sunday/Monday hours are important because I find myself eating out most often on those days, and few restaurants are open then.

All of the ethnic places I like do not have outdoor seating, so I am going to try a second tier favorite. They have patio dining, but are they serving on the patio? We shall see.

Yppej
    I went to a restaurant with outdoor dining solo on Friday, Saturday test drove cars, and Sunday went hiking at a wildlife sanctuary with extended family who took their own vehicle, so I managed to find things to do on my 3 day weekend. I still have two weeks vacation time.

We have done 3 overnight trips since the start of covid. I wouldn't want to stay in a big hotel, but I'm ok with the brief trips through the lobby of a smaller one, or in one case, it was a little resort with little standalone cottages on the waterfront. As soon as we get in the room we wipe down all the surfaces, light switches, etc with lysol wipes. I'm also in the habit of using a key to push elevator buttons.

I'm less comfortable with eating outdoors at restaurants. We've done it a few times. Generally I will only agree to it if the place isn't busy and we can sit upwind from everyone else. Otherwise we get takeout and have gone back to the room. A couple of months ago we'd gone down onto the peninsula for ice cream because we were tired of the dreary weather and wanted to see sunshine. Afterwards we were wandering along the street and there was a pizza place wide open to the street with no customers (it was maybe 3:00 in the afternoon). We decided to stop and have a beer. What a treat it was to be safely sitting out in public enjoying a beer on a warm summer afternoon.

Yppej
    I climbed a mountain today. Lots of people were out because it's a weekend and leaf peeping season. If I fell I knew there would be someone to help me so I felt safe by myself.

It seems to me that sometimes solo trips to the countryside are quite appropriate only if there are no risky movements.

Yppej
    I got takeout last week and ate it in my car. We have had snow already and it is too cold for outdoor dining.

Thread Information