Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ugh I am jonesing for this condo...bad!

Ugh I am jonesing for this condo...bad!

This is exactly what I don’t need, another piece of real estate. While it’s true that I will retain a place in the city When we move to Hermann, I’ve been doing my best to talk myself out of buying a condo. I don’t need a condo, I can rent. The freedom of renting is wonderful! I’m only stuck in a place for the year of the lease! I do not need to own a condo!

But I have been obsessed with this condo building for years now, and now there is an apartment that is just absolutely beautiful.There is also the same floor plan unit a few floors down that has not been dolled up. I’ve already seen one just like it and I like it well enough.

The that’s all decorated for $75,000 —what a cute place!

The apartments I’m looking at in this building are 530 ft.² so they are quite small.

This is the luxe unit...note the fab mirrored tile in kitchen!

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-82817?view=qv

this is the plain jane unit

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-07861?view=qv

They are both very cute. I wouldn't like the 311 a month HOA, but that's just me, I'm sure its worth it.
    Could you put laundry in your own unit? My days of wanting to take laundry to a communal facility are over.

One of the things I like about this Condo is that it is in a handsome building that has a great setting and wonderful mature landscaping. It’s right next to the Magic Chef mansion. It sits back from the street so it has a gracious, stately look to it. I just love the architecture of these old prewar apartment buildings.

This afternoon I drove around another part of town that has Several of these old building and looked at the outside of the buildings to see if I could imagine renting an apartment there. They are far more in the hustle and bustle of a high urban setting which is nice. But that’s not quite the gracious setback, peaceful and quiet like this building.

So I asked my friend and real estate agent to show this unit to me. It’s at the top floor of the building which means it’ll have a great view.

I’m also worried about how hot it would be to live there so this is an absolutely perfect time to test how hot that place gets since we are in the height of summer and in high degree heat.I also wonder about roof problems since that’s the top floor, my unit would see the roof leaks.

Both elevators were replaced in the past two years so that’s a major huge expense this out-of-the-way. The condo fee of around $300 is a little high people tell me for condos in the city.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-19-20 at 10:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    They are both very cute. I wouldn't like the 311 a month HOA, but that's just me, I'm sure its worth it.
    Could you put laundry in your own unit? My days of wanting to take laundry to a communal facility are over.
    No to the laundry question. But I don’t mind communal laundry as long as it’s in the same building and I won’t be there all the time anyway. I will do most laundering in Hermann.

I would take the upgrades. They cost more than 15k. Super cute!

Would you have a balcony--you want a balcony! I noticed the window ac unit in one of the pictures.

There is an ugly old balcony on each floor for the use of all residents on that floor. I’m not sure that I would have faith stepping out on it that it’s solid. I don’t like heights. Which reminds me I’m actually scared of elevators. The first unit I saw in this building was on the second floor and it was perfect I should’ve just bought that one!

There’s no central air conditioning in these buildings and that’s pretty much true for 75% of buildings of its era in my city. So there are these ugly air conditioners hanging out of the window and that’s too bad.

OMG, I love the plain Jane unit. But not being able to have my own washer and dryer would be a deal breaker.

Those prices are wonderful! I'm with Tradd, though--I'd want a W/D.

This is one I saw this week--it's in the same complex as my old one. It was on the market for two days. They staged the hell out of it.

https://www.johnlscott.com/search/listing/4838948

But seriously--at those prices, I'd certainly go for it.

I could probably manage a down payment on something like the one above, but I'd be a nervous wreck if my house didn't sell right away. If I could buy a likely unit for 60 or 75K, I'd jump at the chance.

Thread Information