Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ugh I am jonesing for this condo...bad!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I finally took time to look at this unit. Well I do like it stays all that blue is really pretty! I think it looks like a very nice little unit in that square footage is about right.

Now do these things have basements?
    I've never seen a Portland-area condo with a basement. My house doesn't have one. The houses I grew up in generally had them, though.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    We were in TX this past winter and put a down payment on a trailer to rent in a park where the land is owned, not leased. It was so much fun we wanted to go back. Sadly, it is not looking possible now. I would never have guessed I would have enjoyed it so much.
    I wouldn't rule out a mobile home in a park where you buy the lot it sits on. I know of one like that. I like the idea of having a stand-alone dwelling.

A basement is where you store all of your crap. It gets dirty and that’s OK, because sometimes our crap is dirty.

I have rejected one condo building that is otherwise pretty attractive as a place I would rent because it has no storage space. Most of these old world condos with their tiny square footage have a basement or first floor cage where you put your Christmas decorations, your big stock pot, etc.

There's a tiny storage unit attached to the carport at that condo, and many owners have built one-car garages there.

A basement--for all its storage--would be useless to me at this point, unless it had an elevator. Fortunately, I have a huge garage...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    There's a tiny storage unit attached to the carport at that condo, and many owners have built one-car garages there.

A basement--for all its storage--would be useless to me at this point, unless it had an elevator. Fortunately, I have a huge garage...
    Oh yes! I forgot that there is land so as long as the HOA allows you to build a decent looking storage unit outdoors, that serves the purpose.

When I lived in a condo alone I didn’t need any extra storage. I fit fine in 869 sq ft. It did have a small storage unit on the patio that was built in but I didn’t even use it.

Oh yes! I forgot that there is land so as long as the HOA allows you to build a decent looking storage unit outdoors, that serves the purpose.
    The garages I have seen built all look alike; I imagine there's a standard. I would like to think I wouldn't need extra storage, but...

A basement is where you store all of your crap. It gets dirty and that’s OK, because sometimes our crap is dirty.

I have rejected one condo building that is otherwise pretty attractive as a place I would rent because it has no storage space. Most of these old world condos with their tiny square footage have a basement or first floor cage where you put your Christmas decorations, your big stock pot, etc.
    We rented an apartment that was very similar and the storage space was in the basement. Storage was a cage in the basement and good sized too, we actually didn't use up all of the space.

Thread Information