Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Checking account amount?

I can’t tell you the last time I wrote a regular check. I have my bank issue checks for rent and my church through online bill pay. What I like about doing it that way is the $$ comes out of my account right away. I don’t have to wait for checks to clear.

I also use my credit union's bill pay system. It's simple, quick, automated for regular payments and best of all free. My last checks cost something like $.25 each, plus the cost of stamps makes it the best option for me.

I use my bank’s bill pay also. I have to actually write a few checks per month to my chiropractor and groomer who don’t take cards.

Generally under $5k. Another $4k in the basic savings account in case we have a big bump expense and need a quick transfer.

We don't have our debit attached to any bill-pay account as we don't want our full account at risk if hacked. Those bills all go to our Credit Card-love free travel just for paying bills (will there be travel again?)

I got a new checking account about 18 months ago, which is functioning as my main account. By my count, I have written 7 physical checks on it. Two of those were "void" and given to people to set up funds transfers.

I like having more than one checking account for a variety of reasons. It helps me to have separate places for things, with some distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I like having more than one checking account for a variety of reasons. It helps me to have separate places for things, with some distance.
    We have two checking accounts, one for the every day bill paying, and the other to retain big money. And last year we opened an account in Hermann so I guess that makes three checking accounts, but eventually will squeeze down to two again.

Thread Information