Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Down Ballot

In Cook County (Chicago), at least, if you request your mail in ballot online, you will get emails when they receive it, and such. Worked well for me in the 2018 election. There are going to be drop off boxes this time around for ballots. Might use one depending on location. I completed my ballot and mailed it off within a few days of receiving it in 2018. Cook County covers the postage.

I requested a mail in ballot for this election. I hate standing in line, as I did even with early voting in the 2016 election. Between my knees and sciatica, it just hurts. Plus there is better use of my time. The first election I voted in, 1988, I had an absentee ballot as I was away at college.

IL did away with “absentee” ballot language a few years back. Just “vote by mail” now. I don’t get all the nonsense aboit voting by mail. I do disagree with sending a ballot out to everyone registered if that hasn’t been the practice. But allocations to everyone? Not an issue.

To respond to electronica communication: I requested an absentee ballot from

1) First, vote. org and that seem to go nowhere because I never got a response from the machine

2) Sec of state office for my state and that went nowhere because that system didn’t recognize either my name or my address, who knows.

So I called our local election board and got a human being who was able to send me an absentee ballot request in the mail. I completed that and I hope to get an actual ballot

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    To respond to electronica communication: I requested an absentee ballot from

1) First, vote. org and that seem to go nowhere because I never got a response from the machine

2) Sec of state office for my state and that went nowhere because that system didn’t recognize either my name or my address, who knows.

So I called our local election board and got a human being who was able to send me an absentee ballot request in the mail. I completed that and I hope to get an actual ballot
    IL, just curious, why would you go the roundabout way and not request the ballot from your local election authority?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    IL, just curious, why would you go the roundabout way and not request the ballot from your local election authority?
    I wanted to do it the easy way which is online. Since that did not work, I had to place a phone call. You know, talk to human being. ick. A decided second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I wanted to do it the easy way which is online. Since that did not work, I had to place a phone call. You know, talk to human being. ick. A decided second choice.
    St Louis? Sounds about right.

Thread Information