Thread: Need a new mattress

Need a new mattress

I'm looking for a recommendation for a good mattress. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best value for the dollar? I have chronic back pain and am willing to spend for quality, but I don't want to overspend or go cheap. I find I have to replace my mattress more often than the recommended seven years as my back is so sensitive.

I had been buying from the Original Mattress Factory when I lived in Ohio, but I have moved. I'm overwhelmed by all the choices on the market.

In the past, I've purchased a firm mattress and put a 3" memory foam topper on top. I don't think I want an air mattress or a full memory foam one, but I am open to suggestions.

Good question because I need a new one myself.

I think we might have just had a thread on this and Bae recommended something that came by mail, as being really good value for the dollar.

Almost 20 years ago we bought a sleep number as I have a very bad neck and back. It will last forever as long as you can still replace the pump.

It's a thread started in this subforum, Mattress Buying, started on 2/14 of this year by Geila. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    It's a thread started in this subforum, Mattress Buying, started on 2/14 of this year by Geila. Enjoy!
    Link:http://www.simplelivingforum.net/sho...attress-Buying
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks for the link. The problem with testing mattresses in stores is that lying on a bed for 15 minutes does not replicate 8 hours of sleep. It's a frustrating process. But I appreciate everyone's input!

My doggie sitter bought a sleep number after sleeping in ours. My husband likes a soft mattress and I like it hard so we each adjust our own side.

Thread Information