Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is where you live gaining stature?

I'm definitely a better in-class learner. If I don't have the "I must get there - I must do this" schedule, I have a tendency to slack off more than I should.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I'm definitely a better in-class learner. If I don't have the "I must get there - I must do this" schedule, I have a tendency to slack off more than I should.
    Taking a class at all tends to provide enough of that structure for me (I've taken lots of online classes with grades, the class is the structure). Self-study with no class structure AT ALL and slacking off goes on (even then I've managed to teach myself stuff - but more tendency to slack it all off). Long ago when I was college aged and in class, I learned the vast majority of what I learned in many classes (especially more technical classes, maybe I'm only so smart, maybe I need time to absorb the material) from the textbook, and class itself seemed almost superfluous for some classes, but I'd attend for the most part.

But the late teens and early 20 somethings want the social life. Yea, of course, that's only natural, however, we're in a pandemic.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Thread Information