Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello From NY State

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    My connection to the Finger Lakes goes back to when my DH was part of the summer stock company at Geneva Summer Theatre. We had only been dating for a year, and I went up to visit him. I have happy memories of that trip--we also went to Corning and took the tour.
    I'm within an hour of Geneva. I've never been to the Geneva Summer Theatre. Is that a place for plays and such or movies? Is is still in business?
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

Hi Connie, I lived in NY 20 years, not rural like you, but working in NYC and toward the end living in Rhinebeck and commuting. Anyhow I have strong fond feelings for NY and welcome you here.
    I think deep in our hearts we know that our comforts, our conveniences are at the expense of other people. Grace Lee Boggs

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieVarricchio View Post
    I'm within an hour of Geneva. I've never been to the Geneva Summer Theatre. Is that a place for plays and such or movies? Is is still in business?
    I know that they did the plays at Hobart and William Smith College, but I don't think the College produced them. I googled it and can't find it, so maybe it doesn't exist anymore. That was way back in 1975...so anything could have happened!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by larknm View Post
    Hi Connie, I lived in NY 20 years, not rural like you, but working in NYC and toward the end living in Rhinebeck and commuting. Anyhow I have strong fond feelings for NY and welcome you here.
    Thank You. I love living where I do. I would love to spend some time traveling west a little ways. I've only been up and down the east coast and that is it. I would love to travel to Kentucky and Texas and who knows where the road would take me. That would be fun someday
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I know that they did the plays at Hobart and William Smith College, but I don't think the College produced them. I googled it and can't find it, so maybe it doesn't exist anymore. That was way back in 1975...so anything could have happened!
    Ha ha, that is quite a while back. I've lived out here since 1989. Before that I was about 100 miles south of here in a place called Waterville, NY. Similar - out in the country. Grew up on a small farm with all big farms around us. It was great.
    My Blog

Thread Information