Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello From NY State

Hello From NY State

Hello, I am here from NY State - Out in the Country. I love living a Simple, Natural way of life. When I was a kid I lived on a 50 acre farm and all the land around me was owned by farmers that had much bigger farms and we were friends with all of them. So I never knew there was any other way of life. So it just makes sense to me to grow my own food, repurpose items and sit outside at night and watch falling stars.
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

Yppej
    Welcome Connie. I once interviewed a centenarian and she said the best places she ever lived were upstate New York and New England. I look forward to your contributions here from a beautiful part of the world.

I Love living in Upstate NY. Sure there are the high taxes but I enjoy the weather always changing and the fact that even though the weather isnt always great - there really are not a high number of hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, floods etc... and the animals don't really pose much of a threat of eating us. I enjoy the people and the country side is Soooo beautiful. I live out in the country and I wouldnt have it any other way. The stars are bright and i feel at peace
    My Blog

Welcome, Connie. I grew up on Lawn Guyland, pretty much the complete opposite side of the state. I live in Minnesota now, but I'm still a city boy. Looking forward to your posts here....
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I had a chance to go to Lawn Guyland once but it never happened. My husband and his dad used to go there when he was little cause his dad was from NYCity.
    My Blog

Welcome Connie!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieVarricchio View Post
    I had a chance to go to Lawn Guyland once but it never happened. My husband and his dad used to go there when he was little cause his dad was from NYCity.
    My mom grew up in "the city" but had an uncle with a farm in upstate New York (don't remember where). Very different experience for her. I never got to see that farm.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

from Ontario. Looking forward to your posts.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Hi, I lived in upstate New York in the Cortland area in the late 70’s. It was beautiful but tough winters. We left because wages were low in comparison to COL. Welcome!

Welcome, Connie!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information