Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello From NY State

Welcome! I have fond memories of summers on Long Island with my grandparents when I was a kid. I've been to upstate NY several times and really enjoyed hiking amongst the waterfalls and hills (I live in MN now - we don't have very many of either waterfalls or hills!).

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Welcome Connie!
    Thank You! Seems like quite an interesting place.
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    Welcome! I have fond memories of summers on Long Island with my grandparents when I was a kid. I've been to upstate NY several times and really enjoyed hiking amongst the waterfalls and hills (I live in MN now - we don't have very many of either waterfalls or hills!).
    No waterfalls nor hills - How do you survive???? LOL.... only joking, i am sure it is very beautiful where you are also. I love this earth.
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieVarricchio View Post
    No waterfalls nor hills - How do you survive???? LOL.... only joking, i am sure it is very beautiful where you are also. I love this earth.
    Oh, we have some waterfalls, though not as high as in upstate NY, and plenty of small hills. We have abundant lakes and trees - it is very verdant and beautiful here at this time of year, and our frigid winters have their own beauty, with crystalline snow glittering in the sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    Oh, we have some waterfalls, though not as high as in upstate NY, and plenty of small hills. We have abundant lakes and trees - it is very verdant and beautiful here at this time of year, and our frigid winters have their own beauty, with crystalline snow glittering in the sunshine.
    Sounds pretty. One of the last things my husband and I were able to do before he got sick was to hike to the top of Watkins Glen. It takes about 2 hours if you are really taking your time. It can be done quicker - But WHY??? I miss going to places like this - He is gradually getting better and maybe someday we can go visit some state parks again and take some vacations.
    My Blog

Connie, have you been to Letchworth state park? It’s called the Grand Canyon of the East. They also had a fancy restaurant in the park and you could go in your hiking clothes.

Welcome, Connie.

Happy August!

Several years ago I traveled to the Corning Museum of Glass, and enjoyed an incredible day there. (I could have spent 5 days just studying the collection of miniatures!)

My connection to the Finger Lakes goes back to when my DH was part of the summer stock company at Geneva Summer Theatre. We had only been dating for a year, and I went up to visit him. I have happy memories of that trip--we also went to Corning and took the tour.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Connie, have you been to Letchworth state park? It’s called the Grand Canyon of the East. They also had a fancy restaurant in the park and you could go in your hiking clothes.
    I have not been. There are so many places I would love to go. My husband cannot walk very far anymore so our options are limited. He has had 5 operations in the past year and is now recovering quite well. This is the first year in many years that I have had only one job. I usually hold about 3 at one time. So hopefully by next spring we will be ready to be on the go.
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Welcome, Connie.

Happy August!

Several years ago I traveled to the Corning Museum of Glass, and enjoyed an incredible day there. (I could have spent 5 days just studying the collection of miniatures!)
    I was a girl scout leader for about 4 years quite a while back, my daughter is 28 now. lol.... when i was a leader we took the girls to Corning. It was Amazing. So many beautiful pieces made, The girls got to make some glass pieces and I am hoping it was a day they will always remember. We were supposed to go horse back riding somewhere near there but there was a thunder storm and they could not take the horses out. Corning Glass was close so we went there instead. I am glad we did.
    My Blog

Thread Information